Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Diamond saw on corrugated metal

Yesterday, I tried my M77 Skil saw with a diamond serrated edge blade on the
corrugated I want to cut. It was a slightly raspy cut, and will have to be
dressed with an electric brush, but it worked a lot easier than I thought.
In the past, I had attempted using an abrasive blade, and it would cut only
two or three sheets before wearing down to a nub.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I am assuming this is the relatively thin corrugated sheet that is used on
barn roofs. Have you ever tried the wire and straight edge method?
Straight edge a relatively wide piece of hardwood, screw the end of a hard,
strong wire (steel or piano wire, 18 or 20 gauge or maybe a little
coarser) to the straight edge. Slide the wire under the piece to be cut
and the board over it to the cut line. Lay it down, preferably on a
concrete floor, stand on the board, grab the loose end of the wire with
a pair of vice grips and pull up, holding to the straight edge of the
board. With a little practice you will get a smooth, clean, straight cut.