Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default God did not help that particular pastor

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-06-01, Ignoramus2960 wrote:
Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Wolford was 15 when he saw his father die at age 39 of a rattlesnake
bite in almost exactly the same circumstances.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 May 2012 20:59:14 -0500, Ignoramus2960
wrote:

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Well, there goes the Gospel of Mark. That must have been a demoniac
snake.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Well, there goes the Gospel of Mark. That must have been a demoniac
snake.

He musta just not believed hard enough.

This is going to be like the weather and evangelists: if really bad
weather happens to someone they don't like, they say it's God's judgment
on their sins. If it happens to _them_, well, eh, it's just the weather.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-06-01, Ignoramus2960 wrote:
Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Wolford was 15 when he saw his father die at age 39 of a rattlesnake
bite in almost exactly the same circumstances.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Well, there goes the Gospel of Mark. That must have been a demoniac
snake.

--
Ed Huntress

You would think the pastor would know the snake never read the Gospel of
Mark.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus2960" wrote in message
Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from rattlesnake
bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Maybe their god was teaching the pastors followers not to
play with snakes?
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus2960" wrote in message

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Was it really a pastor or one of those atheists I've been trying to get to
prove they can do it too?

I'm thinking it's in the book of Joshua, God's people are going through
victory after victory in battle because God is giving them the victory. God
tells them not to take any of the treasures of the land but one person
secretly takes a treasure and hides it in their tent. Their next battle is
a small one so they just send out a relatively small group, but the
"insignificant" enemy sends them running with their tail tucked between
their legs. Gods people were successful until the moment they had a small
secret sin in their life. What are the chances that a people that handle
serpents go their entire life without having a secret sin in their heart?
But they take the serpent handling for granted because they have done it for
years, that little bit of worldly sin isn't going to matter. I would guess
there are more people with a secret sin that get away with it than there are
those who get snake bit from it, a pastor is held to a higher standard,
God's not going to let him get away with things that the congregation might
get away with.

Or maybe the people that handle the snakes are just luck of the draw to not
be bitten, if the snake doesn't feel threatened, or maybe the deafening
music? But what about the strychnine poison they drink? It doesn't get
tamed by music, how do they survive that? So any atheists that want to test
to see if there is a God, skip the snakes and go straight for the poison, if
there is no god then an atheist can drink it too, maybe it's kool aid.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-06-01, RogerN wrote:
"Ignoramus2960" wrote in message

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Was it really a pastor or one of those atheists I've been trying to get to
prove they can do it too?

It was a real pastor.

[...]

As far as I know, no person can be sinless, anyway.

If one needs to be completely sinless to handle those snakes, then, it
follows, that nobody should handle snakes, since no one is free of sins.

Or maybe the people that handle the snakes are just luck of the draw to not
be bitten, if the snake doesn't feel threatened, or maybe the deafening
music? But what about the strychnine poison they drink? It doesn't get
tamed by music, how do they survive that? So any atheists that want to test
to see if there is a God, skip the snakes and go straight for the poison, if
there is no god then an atheist can drink it too, maybe it's kool aid.

Doubtfully atheists would be as stupid as to drink strychnine.

If they really drink stychnine and do not engage in sleights of hand,
I would guess that they drink less than the deadly dose.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-06-01, Ignoramus2960 wrote:
Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Wolford was 15 when he saw his father die at age 39 of a rattlesnake
bite in almost exactly the same circumstances.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Boy, talk about the Darwin award! I think this one must be the
winner this year.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus20751" wrote in message
news
On 2012-06-01, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Roger should drink some and see...

--if he's put out of our misery like what happened to the snake handler then
it's God's will...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-06-01, RogerN wrote:
snip
But they take the serpent handling for granted because they have done it
for
years, that little bit of worldly sin isn't going to matter. I would
guess
there are more people with a secret sin that get away with it than there
are
those who get snake bit from it, a pastor is held to a higher standard,
God's not going to let him get away with things that the congregation
might
get away with.

As far as I know, no person can be sinless, anyway.

If one needs to be completely sinless to handle those snakes, then, it
follows, that nobody should handle snakes, since no one is free of sins.

It's like dirt, you can get dirty and clean off, that's not a problem. The
problem is when someone gets dirty and hides the dirt instead of cleaning.

Or maybe the people that handle the snakes are just luck of the draw to
not
be bitten, if the snake doesn't feel threatened, or maybe the deafening
music? But what about the strychnine poison they drink? It doesn't get
tamed by music, how do they survive that? So any atheists that want to
test
to see if there is a God, skip the snakes and go straight for the poison,
if
there is no god then an atheist can drink it too, maybe it's kool aid.

Doubtfully atheists would be as stupid as to drink strychnine.

If they really drink stychnine and do not engage in sleights of hand,
I would guess that they drink less than the deadly dose.

They appear to not be in it to deceive, the snake bites are evidently real
enough.

But notice how people will focus on the one deadly bite in ~44 years versus
all the years of miracles.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-06-01, RogerN wrote:
snip
[...]

"Miracles"? It's those lazy, good-fer-nuthin', moonshine-swillin' West
Virginia hillbilly snakes.

They're too drunk or sleepy to bite. This guy must have woke the snake
up by mistake.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 31 May 2012 23:28:32 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Ignoramus2960" wrote in message
m...

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Was it really a pastor or one of those atheists I've been trying to get to
prove they can do it too?

That is a painfully stupid comment and I'm not surprised that you
refuse to admit the obvious: that the guy was a lifelong idiot
believer and his survival of previous bites was never a miracle but
the result of dumb luck which finally ran out.