Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default God did not help that particular pastor

news
On 2012-06-01, RogerN wrote:
"Ignoramus2960" wrote in message

Washington Post

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from
rattlesnake bite

http://goo.gl/cc00n

Was it really a pastor or one of those atheists I've been trying to get
prove they can do it too?

It was a real pastor.

I'm thinking it's in the book of Joshua, God's people are going through
victory after victory in battle because God is giving them the victory.
God
tells them not to take any of the treasures of the land but one person
secretly takes a treasure and hides it in their tent. Their next battle
is
a small one so they just send out a relatively small group, but the
"insignificant" enemy sends them running with their tail tucked between
their legs. Gods people were successful until the moment they had a
small
secret sin in their life. What are the chances that a people that handle
serpents go their entire life without having a secret sin in their heart?
But they take the serpent handling for granted because they have done it
for
years, that little bit of worldly sin isn't going to matter. I would
guess
there are more people with a secret sin that get away with it than there
are
those who get snake bit from it, a pastor is held to a higher standard,
God's not going to let him get away with things that the congregation
might
get away with.

As far as I know, no person can be sinless, anyway.

If one needs to be completely sinless to handle those snakes, then, it
follows, that nobody should handle snakes, since no one is free of sins.

Or maybe the people that handle the snakes are just luck of the draw to
not
be bitten, if the snake doesn't feel threatened, or maybe the deafening
music? But what about the strychnine poison they drink? It doesn't get
tamed by music, how do they survive that? So any atheists that want to
test
to see if there is a God, skip the snakes and go straight for the poison,
if
there is no god then an atheist can drink it too, maybe it's kool aid.

Doubtfully atheists would be as stupid as to drink strychnine.

If they really drink stychnine and do not engage in sleights of hand,
I would guess that they drink less than the deadly dose.

Roger should drink some and see...

--if he's put out of our misery like what happened to the snake handler then
it's God's will...