Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 6 inch pipe wye

Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld
it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for
cutting the pipe.

Thanks
Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:45:19 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld
it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for
cutting the pipe.

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld
it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for
cutting the pipe.

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

A lateral wye or a "pair of pants"? Wouldn't a 90 degree lateral be a
tee?

In either case, I think you'll have to have it fabricated or do it
yourself. Developing a flat pattern isn't hard. Any sheet metal book
and most drafting texts cover it, and I'm sure there are plenty of web
resources. I could make the patterns in Solidworks, but I'd expect to
get paid for the work. I don't do much sheet metal, so I'm not very
fast at it.

This is a large shop local to me that specializes in this sort of
thing. I'm sure you can find someone similar in your neighborhood.
http://www.douglasbrothers.com/pipeandfitting.htm

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld
it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for
cutting the pipe.

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

If you mean a "Y", we've sawn 45s and welded them back to back....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld
it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for
cutting the pipe.

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

A lateral wye or a "pair of pants"? Wouldn't a 90 degree lateral be a
tee?

True Wye or as you put it, pair of pants , with each leg at 45 deg to
C-L

In either case, I think you'll have to have it fabricated or do it
yourself. Developing a flat pattern isn't hard. Any sheet metal book
and most drafting texts cover it, and I'm sure there are plenty of web
resources. I could make the patterns in Solidworks, but I'd expect to
get paid for the work. I don't do much sheet metal, so I'm not very
fast at it.

Found a web site that sell software for it, their trial does not work,
and I got no response from my email inquiry.

This is a large shop local to me that specializes in this sort of
thing. I'm sure you can find someone similar in your neighborhood.
http://www.douglasbrothers.com/pipeandfitting.htm

They only do stainless, My customer wants carbon steel.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Page 22 of the pneumatic conveying catalog at www.metflo.com shows tube y's
in 6" od, 11 and 14 ga carbon steel. They also list 6" pipe in sched 10
(among others) as a material so they probably make the y's in that as well.
800-860-8823, call them and ask. I've bought 4" OD aluminum elbows and was
happy, ymmv, etc.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames
"Randy333" wrote in message

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:45:19 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

860-Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld
it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for
cutting the pipe.

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Randy333" wrote in message
True Wye or as you put it, pair of pants , with each leg at 45 deg
C-L

Like a straight coupler joined to the outside corner of an elbow?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That fitting can be done with mitered cuts on a bandsaw. No pattern or
coping required.

This is a large shop local to me that specializes in this sort of
thing. I'm sure you can find someone similar in your neighborhood.
http://www.douglasbrothers.com/pipeandfitting.htm

They only do stainless, My customer wants carbon steel.

I suggested you look for a similar shop close to you. I can think of
at least 5 places within an hour of me that would do it.

--
Ned Simmons

6 Inch Plastic pipe? Moonraker[_2_] UK diy 8 April 19th 12 10:59 AM
3/4 inch or 22 mm copper pipe Andrew Welham UK diy 4 May 30th 07 11:16 PM
3 inch stove pipe Rick UK diy 1 May 17th 07 08:36 AM
Help joining to 1/2 inch i/d plast pipe [email protected] UK diy 6 November 21st 05 12:01 AM
How Do I Cut 4 inch pipe Alan Smithee Home Repair 8 July 1st 05 04:18 AM