Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default 6 inch pipe wye

On Thu, 17 May 2012 14:04:35 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2012 09:46:52 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2012 09:24:14 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

On Thu, 03 May 2012 14:45:19 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

Anyone know of a source for a 6" sch 10 lateral pipe wye? I can weld
it up if I can source the peices. OR does anyone have a template for
cutting the pipe.

Customer wants a true "Y" 90 degress between the forks. Anyone?

A lateral wye or a "pair of pants"? Wouldn't a 90 degree lateral be a
tee?

True Wye or as you put it, pair of pants , with each leg at 45 deg to
C-L

In either case, I think you'll have to have it fabricated or do it
yourself. Developing a flat pattern isn't hard. Any sheet metal book
and most drafting texts cover it, and I'm sure there are plenty of web
resources. I could make the patterns in Solidworks, but I'd expect to
get paid for the work. I don't do much sheet metal, so I'm not very
fast at it.

Found a web site that sell software for it, their trial does not work,
and I got no response from my email inquiry.

That fitting can be done with mitered cuts on a bandsaw. No pattern or
coping required.

This is a large shop local to me that specializes in this sort of
thing. I'm sure you can find someone similar in your neighborhood.
http://www.douglasbrothers.com/pipeandfitting.htm

They only do stainless, My customer wants carbon steel.

I suggested you look for a similar shop close to you. I can think of
at least 5 places within an hour of me that would do it.

--
Ned Simmons