Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fork lift followup

Everything is progressing well with the old Clark fork truck, but I thought
you guys would get a kick out of what I found out.

I contacted Clark to see if there were any old manuals floating around.

Not only do they have them for sale, but they emailed me a copy of the spec
sheet for it, and a copy of the original ID card they generated when it was
first sold.

No ****... It was purchased directly from Clark by Continental Airlines,
and sent to Tuscon, AZ in December of 1960! Friggin' SIXTY!

It's almost 52 years old, and will probably out-live ME.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No ****... It was purchased directly from Clark by Continental
Airlines,
and sent to Tuscon, AZ in December of 1960! Friggin' SIXTY!

It's almost 52 years old, and will probably out-live ME.

LLoyd

Just imagine how much luggage it has lost.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That rarely happens... Congrats...

Usually this old knowledge is lost in "corporate carnage".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus18782 wrote:

That rarely happens... Congrats...

Usually this old knowledge is lost in "corporate carnage".

Kohler not only had the manuals for a 32yr old engine, they emailed me
the links to PDF copies of the owners, service and parts manuals in less
than 24 hours at no charge.

There are still some good companies out there...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 26, 3:47*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Everything is progressing well with the old Clark fork truck, but I thought
you guys would get a kick out of what I found out.

I contacted Clark to see if there were any old manuals floating around.

Not only do they have them for sale, but they emailed me a copy of the spec
sheet for it, and a copy of the original ID card they generated when it was
first sold.

No ****... It was purchased directly from Clark by Continental Airlines,
and sent to Tuscon, AZ in December of 1960! *Friggin' SIXTY!

It's almost 52 years old, and will probably out-live ME.

LLoyd

Man, that's a lot of dog years! Good that you can keep her going.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Denis G. wrote:
On Apr 26, 3:47 pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Everything is progressing well with the old Clark fork truck, but I thought
you guys would get a kick out of what I found out.

I contacted Clark to see if there were any old manuals floating around.

Not only do they have them for sale, but they emailed me a copy of the spec
sheet for it, and a copy of the original ID card they generated when it was
first sold.

No ****... It was purchased directly from Clark by Continental Airlines,
and sent to Tuscon, AZ in December of 1960! Friggin' SIXTY!

It's almost 52 years old, and will probably out-live ME.

LLoyd

Man, that's a lot of dog years! Good that you can keep her going.

Ive mentioned it here some yrs ago
about my Le Blond royal lathe.
i needed a price for a part, quoted the serial no and they came right
back to say,
they shipped it in 1942 to the UK as lease lend,
and hoped I was happy with it. Its now some 70 yrs old, and still
accurate to a thou.
Use it every week for all sorts.
It swings 15in and is 30 in between centers.
complete with face plate and fixed steady.
Always kept clean and well oiled.
Use of course tipped tools, but the basis is superb.
Thanks to our brothers over the pond.
Great tool.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Most companies would have landfilled the records, long ago. Amazing!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

. 3.70...
Everything is progressing well with the old Clark fork truck, but I thought
you guys would get a kick out of what I found out.

I contacted Clark to see if there were any old manuals floating around.

Not only do they have them for sale, but they emailed me a copy of the spec
sheet for it, and a copy of the original ID card they generated when it was
first sold.

No ****... It was purchased directly from Clark by Continental Airlines,
and sent to Tuscon, AZ in December of 1960! Friggin' SIXTY!

It's almost 52 years old, and will probably out-live ME.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 09:24:53 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Most companies would have landfilled the records, long ago. Amazing!

International Harvester used to pull off stuff like that all the time
- Not sure if they can anymore, but they used to promise "If we don't
have the part, we'll dig out the patterns and make more..."

But in the late 80's I wrecked the radiator in a 1962 Scout - Rock Vs.
Fan and Core (the rock won, took out about 8 tubes) and every radiator
shop around here just laughed...

They had two in a warehouse in the Gulf somewhere, air-freight
overnight.

-- Bruce --

Fork lift info Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] Metalworking 16 April 24th 12 04:15 PM
Another Fork-Lift Accident [email protected] Metalworking 12 July 10th 11 02:47 AM
Free Fork Lift Andy Champ[_2_] UK diy 3 November 1st 10 11:21 PM
2x4 Fork Lift Morris Dovey Woodworking Plans and Photos 11 June 25th 07 01:15 AM
wtb replacement 36v fork lift battery William Danielson Metalworking 7 March 1st 04 02:08 PM