Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulic quick connects for trailer

I would like to know, what would you suggest for hydraulic quick
disconnects for this hydraulic beavertail trailer, to connect to the
truck. I wouldlike to use something that everyone else is
using. McMaster carr has a lot of those types and I do not know which
ones would be most standard.

Thanks
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Ignoramus23750" wrote in message
I would like to know, what would you suggest for hydraulic quick
disconnects for this hydraulic beavertail trailer, to connect to the
truck. I wouldlike to use something that everyone else is
using. McMaster carr has a lot of those types and I do not know which
ones would be most standard.

Thanks

Buy some from a commercial truck parts store?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:37:09 -0500, Ignoramus23750 wrote:

I would like to know, what would you suggest for hydraulic quick
disconnects for this hydraulic beavertail trailer, to connect to the
truck. I wouldlike to use something that everyone else is using.
McMaster carr has a lot of those types and I do not know which ones
would be most standard.

I don't have an answer, but one relevant search term is gladhands.
(A word perhaps derived from easy-connect/disconnect sense of
"to glad hand"); eg
http://www.easternmarine.com/Gladhands-Hose-Coupler-Parts/

--
jiw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-04-05, James Waldby wrote:
On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:37:09 -0500, Ignoramus23750 wrote:

I would like to know, what would you suggest for hydraulic quick
disconnects for this hydraulic beavertail trailer, to connect to the
truck. I wouldlike to use something that everyone else is using.
McMaster carr has a lot of those types and I do not know which ones
would be most standard.

I don't have an answer, but one relevant search term is gladhands.
(A word perhaps derived from easy-connect/disconnect sense of
"to glad hand"); eg
http://www.easternmarine.com/Gladhands-Hose-Coupler-Parts/

Glad hands are for air, I need a hydraulic connector for the hydraulic
line.

I did a lot of searching and looking to find something that wuld mate
my trailer's connectors.

It turns out that the trailer has what is called "Wing Style quick
connects", such as he

http://www.wetlinekits.com/shopping/...=180&catId=130

I think that it should work for me. I just need to get the male
counterpart.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 00:25:33 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:37:09 -0500, Ignoramus23750 wrote:

I would like to know, what would you suggest for hydraulic quick
disconnects for this hydraulic beavertail trailer, to connect to the
truck. I wouldlike to use something that everyone else is using.
McMaster carr has a lot of those types and I do not know which ones
would be most standard.

I don't have an answer, but one relevant search term is gladhands.
(A word perhaps derived from easy-connect/disconnect sense of
"to glad hand"); eg
http://www.easternmarine.com/Gladhands-Hose-Coupler-Parts/

Generally gladhands are used for air lines. You definitely want
DIFFERENT ones for hydraulics.

The type used on farm equipment (quick disconnects) are pretty
reliable. Are you planning on a PTO hydraulic unit on the trans, an
engine driven (belt drive with electric clutch) or an
electro-hydraulic power unit?