Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hydraulic quick connects for trailer

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 00:25:33 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:37:09 -0500, Ignoramus23750 wrote:

I would like to know, what would you suggest for hydraulic quick
disconnects for this hydraulic beavertail trailer, to connect to the
truck. I wouldlike to use something that everyone else is using.
McMaster carr has a lot of those types and I do not know which ones
would be most standard.

I don't have an answer, but one relevant search term is gladhands.
(A word perhaps derived from easy-connect/disconnect sense of
"to glad hand"); eg
http://www.easternmarine.com/Gladhands-Hose-Coupler-Parts/

Generally gladhands are used for air lines. You definitely want
DIFFERENT ones for hydraulics.

The type used on farm equipment (quick disconnects) are pretty
reliable. Are you planning on a PTO hydraulic unit on the trans, an
engine driven (belt drive with electric clutch) or an
electro-hydraulic power unit?