Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Some metal content, but mostly about search frustrations

I am often frustrated when searching Google for old
rec.craft.metalworking postings. Just as an example I was trying to
find some many year old postings by I think John Stevenson. They were
about scraping de havilland Mosquitoes and removing the engines by
undoing the upper motor mount bolts and dropping the engine unto the
main landing gear tire.
I used various combinations of "rec.crafts.metalworking", "John
Stevenson", "Stevenson-Engineers", "Earl of Suds pump", "De Havilland
", Mosquito, "Rolls Royce","under carriage",scrap, breakers, salvage,
surplus, fighter, bomber.
I am reasonably sure I read this account on rec.crafts.metalworking.
This story is of no great importance, it's just an example of
something I was interested in and couldn't find. It happens often.
Another ancient story told in a series of posts was about a free
spirit co worker in the metalworking area in the south west. He lived
in a RV in the employers parking lot, a series of adventures were
recounted and then he bought some remote desert property and lived
there.
Maybe Google simply doesn't go that far back.
Thanks for listening