Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Company Policy

At work we have a turn sheet for scheduled overtime. The policy is that you
get scheduled for overtime when it's your turn, if you want to pick the
shift you want to work then you volunteer when you're up to be scheduled.
So anyway, a "champion complainer" kid that's been there half as long as I
have, tells the scheduler that he wants a certain shift "if he is to be
scheduled". In the past you couldn't pick your shift with "if scheduled",
you had to volunteer for the shift you wanted.

I think the picking your shift "if scheduled" is a great idea but if they
are going to make this change, they need to let everybody know so we can all
pick the shift we want "if scheduled", it shouldn't be just for the
complainer. Since they catered to the complainer once again, I got bumped
to midnight shift Saturday night. When I saw this on the schedule, I let
the scheduler know that I wanted to be scheduled when it was my turn on the
turn sheet, not according to an unannounced change in policy. He didn't
change my scheduling so I'm calling off tonight. The problem I have is that
I will get points for calling off for a time I shouldn't have been
scheduled. Monday I'm going over the schedulers head to at least try to get
my points taken away, since by the turn sheet policy I should have been
scheduled Saturday AM, not Saturday 11PM. (A midnight shift on Saturday
messes up Saturday and Sunday for a day shift worker).

Is there any leverage I have if the scheduler doesn't follow the turn sheet
policy without letting everyone affected know of the change?

A little more background if anyone is interested, during the Christmas and
New Year time I got skipped over for being scheduled. The champion
complainer was in the schedulers office complaining about it. This put me
near the top of the turn sheet to be scheduled because I was skipped over.
So now that I'm at the top of the list to be scheduled, the complainer wants
to pick his day to be scheduled without volunteering, and they give him my
turn and give me a worse shift. The squeaky wheel gets the oil so I'm going
to start squeaking too.

RogerN

New HD policy Red Home Repair 54 October 9th 09 06:23 PM
Where Can I find a company that feeds property sales data? (not zillow where I type it one by one - but can query the data feed company programmatically)? Does anyone know who sells something like this? Zodex Home Repair 2 August 28th 08 04:03 PM
SP Trading Company Stanislav Proskurovsky Stanp2323 SCAMMERS Don't buy electronics from this company refurbished JUNK Billy Bob Woodworking 2 July 17th 07 10:55 AM
New HF shipping policy, rev 2 Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 19 February 25th 05 08:04 PM