Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default feedback needed

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:11:31 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message news:q-

...Having learned Latin and French
jsw ______________________

Latin? Raised by Jesuits?

No, I attended the public high school John Irving dissed in "Garp", as
did his sister Nancy.

I learned my Latin at the same HS as Lyndon Larouche g.

We didn't have to learn to speak it.

We also had 2 years in junior high, taught by a faded Georgia belle.
The HS Latin teacher got a kick out of the fact that the students from
my junior high recited our declensions with a southern accent.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ned Simmons wrote:

I learned my Latin at the same HS as Lyndon Larouche g.

We also had 2 years in junior high, taught by a faded Georgia belle.
The HS Latin teacher got a kick out of the fact that the students from
my junior high recited our declensions with a southern accent.

My Latin teacher had no sense of humor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message

We also had 2 years in junior high, taught by a faded Georgia belle.
The HS Latin teacher got a kick out of the fact that the students
from
my junior high recited our declensions with a southern accent.
Ned Simmons

I would probably have wisecracked that it was Sicilian, Italy's deep
south.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" on Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:39:44

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
.. .

We also had 2 years in junior high, taught by a faded Georgia belle.
The HS Latin teacher got a kick out of the fact that the students
from
my junior high recited our declensions with a southern accent.
Ned Simmons

I would probably have wisecracked that it was Sicilian, Italy's deep
south.

I had a friend who had a Deep South drawl - even in German.

"Guten tag, du all."
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

I had a friend who had a Deep South drawl - even in German.

"Guten tag, du all."
pyotr

I was sitting in a tree overlooking the front course and back loop at
the Hockenheim racetrack, watching practice, when a group walked up
nearby and one of them gave driving strategy instructions to the
others in German, in a thick-as-gumbo NASCAR accent like that. He
sounded so funny that I almost fell out of the tree.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I never thought of that. Seriously funny.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message

I had a friend who had a Deep South drawl - even in German.

"Guten tag, du all."
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

Looking for feedback... Larry[_7_] Woodworking 14 February 9th 10 02:54 PM
some feedback.. blackbat UK diy 1 April 11th 07 11:19 PM
feedback Richard Electronics 1 November 6th 06 10:38 PM
feedback Richard Electronics 1 June 16th 05 10:55 PM