Electronics (alt.electronics)

Posted to alt.electronics

Default feedback

I have built a full size Dalek. For the voice I made a little kit with a mic
plugged in so it sounds like a Dalek. Its not very loud though. I have tried
two differant amps, a 45w and a 7w one. Both suffer from terrible feedback.
How do I stop feedback, apart from having the gain up too much?
Thanks
Richard

Posted to alt.electronics

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:29:47 GMT, "Richard"
wrote:

I have built a full size Dalek. For the voice I made a little kit with a mic
plugged in so it sounds like a Dalek. Its not very loud though. I have tried
two differant amps, a 45w and a 7w one. Both suffer from terrible feedback.
How do I stop feedback, apart from having the gain up too much?
Thanks
Richard

Traditional method is a (very) directional microphone, and speaker.

Also used are time delay circuits, along with an echo canceler.

Just how loud do you want your Dalek to be? I don't recall any that
I've met as being that loud. And their vocabulary was limited...

Exterminate... Exterminate... Exterminate...

Maybe use a tape instead? bg