Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 1099 Nightmare

The company I work for has a policy of rewarding patents with cash
awards. No one ever got rich on the awards but over the years it has
paid for my modest machine shop. At the end of the year we receive a
1099 form showing how much we were awarded.

This year I opened the 1099 and it shows $500K. NIGHTMARES about the
$150K in taxes the IRS thinks I owe.

Go into work and I have an email says ops we misplace a decimal
point. Correction will be arriving shortly.

I think I am going to frame the faulty 1099. Coworker is going
to leave his in his important papers for his kids to find after he is
dead.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:11:00 -0800 (PST), toolbreaker
wrote:

The company I work for has a policy of rewarding patents with cash
awards. No one ever got rich on the awards but over the years it has
paid for my modest machine shop. At the end of the year we receive a
1099 form showing how much we were awarded.

This year I opened the 1099 and it shows $500K. NIGHTMARES about the
$150K in taxes the IRS thinks I owe.

Go into work and I have an email says ops we misplace a decimal
point. Correction will be arriving shortly.

I think I am going to frame the faulty 1099. Coworker is going
to leave his in his important papers for his kids to find after he is
dead.

g Did you think, just for a moment, that one of your ideas had paid
off big and that a big check was on its way?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

toolbreaker wrote:
The company I work for has a policy of rewarding patents with cash
awards. No one ever got rich on the awards but over the years it has
paid for my modest machine shop. At the end of the year we receive a
1099 form showing how much we were awarded.

This year I opened the 1099 and it shows $500K. NIGHTMARES about the
$150K in taxes the IRS thinks I owe.

Go into work and I have an email says ops we misplace a decimal
point. Correction will be arriving shortly.

Tell them there's another way to fix the problem....

I think I am going to frame the faulty 1099. Coworker is going
to leave his in his important papers for his kids to find after he is
dead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 1, 9:39*am, Jim Stewart wrote:
toolbreaker wrote:
The company I work for has a policy of rewarding patents with cash
awards. *No one ever got rich on the awards but over the years it has
paid for my modest machine shop. * At the end of the year we receive a
1099 form showing how much we were awarded.

This year I opened the 1099 and it shows $500K. * NIGHTMARES about the
$150K in taxes the IRS thinks I owe.

Go into work and I have an email says ops we misplace a decimal
point. * Correction will be arriving shortly.

Tell them there's another way to fix the problem....

I think I am going to frame the faulty 1099. * * * *Coworker is going
to leave his in his important papers for his kids to find after he is
dead.- Hide quoted text -

I have to admit I did some daydreaming about what I would do with
extra $$
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I used to keep the "not valid" checks from Publishers Clearinghouse. Fun to
put on the wall.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"toolbreaker" wrote in message
The company I work for has a policy of rewarding patents with cash
awards. No one ever got rich on the awards but over the years it has
paid for my modest machine shop. At the end of the year we receive a
1099 form showing how much we were awarded.

This year I opened the 1099 and it shows $500K. NIGHTMARES about the
$150K in taxes the IRS thinks I owe.

Go into work and I have an email says ops we misplace a decimal
point. Correction will be arriving shortly.

I think I am going to frame the faulty 1099. Coworker is going
to leave his in his important papers for his kids to find after he is
dead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What would really be bad is to invent something and instead of
patenting it sell it to a large corporation for a big pile of cash
contingent on the condition that you must keep your part in the
invention confidential. There ain't no way I could see thousands of my
widgets out there and keep my mouth shut.

TG

Pool nightmare Steve Barker[_6_] Home Repair 39 June 24th 11 02:54 PM
Nightmare Samsung PTV Chris F.[_2_] Electronics Repair 8 January 15th 11 07:26 PM
nightmare job sm_jamieson UK diy 10 September 8th 10 09:19 PM
The Nightmare Is Over... Libby Loo Metalworking 0 January 21st 09 01:35 AM
patio nightmare ! george UK diy 2 September 5th 03 03:31 PM