Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
toolbreaker toolbreaker is offline

Default 1099 Nightmare

On Feb 1, 9:39*am, Jim Stewart wrote:
toolbreaker wrote:
The company I work for has a policy of rewarding patents with cash
awards. *No one ever got rich on the awards but over the years it has
paid for my modest machine shop. * At the end of the year we receive a
1099 form showing how much we were awarded.

This year I opened the 1099 and it shows $500K. * NIGHTMARES about the
$150K in taxes the IRS thinks I owe.

Go into work and I have an email says ops we misplace a decimal
point. * Correction will be arriving shortly.

Tell them there's another way to fix the problem....

I think I am going to frame the faulty 1099. * * * *Coworker is going
to leave his in his important papers for his kids to find after he is
dead.- Hide quoted text -

I have to admit I did some daydreaming about what I would do with
extra $$