Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refusestoturn off their cell phone?

On Jan 31, 12:43*am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

* have you ever worked in a shielded room? *Either double screened, or
one that looks like a walk in freezer? (A shielded and air conditioned
computer room.) *What it takes to keep RF out is to electrically bond
all the seams, and make sure the door seals are clean and in good
condition. That cargo hold would be at least two layers of metal from
the outside.

I do not know much about aircraft cargo holes, but do know a bunch
about GBS, EMP, and have worked in screen rooms. I rather doubt that
the cargo holes have RF gaskets on all the seams. Bonding of the
seams is not the same as having RF gaskets. RF gaskets would add
weight to the aircraft. So I doubt if there are RF gaskets.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

have you ever worked in a shielded room? Either double screened, or
one that looks like a walk in freezer? (A shielded and air conditioned
computer room.) What it takes to keep RF out is to electrically bond
all the seams, and make sure the door seals are clean and in good
condition. That cargo hold would be at least two layers of metal from
the outside.

I do not know much about aircraft cargo holes, but do know a bunch
about GBS, EMP, and have worked in screen rooms. I rather doubt that
the cargo holes have RF gaskets on all the seams. Bonding of the
seams is not the same as having RF gaskets. RF gaskets would add
weight to the aircraft. So I doubt if there are RF gaskets.

How far apart are the rivets in the seams? What wavelength are you
trying to stop? Do the math on the attenuation. You can never get
perfect shielding, but cell phones don't talk to each other, then talk
to a cell tower. I have worked in both screen rooms and the modular
aluminum booths. Both types used beryllium copper finger stock on the
doors as the seal. The cargo doors on the airplane require a tight seal
to keep from losing air. Do you really think a cell phone in the cargo
hold can hear a cell tower?