Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 17:35:09 +0000 (UTC), bill
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:37:50 -0500, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article , bill
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:17:58 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

Many of us metalworkers are gun advocates. In fact..most of us are.

That's one hell of a statement in a world of six billion people...

He wasn't talking about the world, but rather the more circumscribed
group of metal workers.

I had rather gathered that.

As a general rule professional metal workers tend, in my experience, to
be rather left wing, members of trade unions and don't really care about
guns, except for those few who make them.

'Guns' tends only to be a political issue in one country on earth.

Everywhere else nobody much cares unless there's an outrage of some kind.

Bill, I can't speak to circumstances in other parts of the world, but
in the US, the kinds of people who take up metalworking as a hobby are
somewhat skewed to the right, and tend not to be urban dwellers. We're
mostly hard-case do-it-yourself types and traditionalists in many
ways. The number of gun owners in this group (including me, and I
*don't* skew to the right) probably is a lot higher than you'd expect
in the population at large.

Besides the hobbyists we have some professionals here, and they skew
somewhat toward the small-business side: job shops and small
manufacturers. They, too, lean to the right, on the average. They tend
to come from the same roots as the hobbyists.

Not uniformly, of course. But there is a conservative, non-urban,
gun-owning slant here.

--
Ed Huntress