Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The caricature of the 1%

On 1/9/2012 7:48 PM, wrote:
On Jan 9, 8:28 pm, wrote:

Funny how you guys think nobody understands business like you do. Do you
really think if I wanted to open a radio station it would be one that
was programmed with what I liked personally? I would do what any decent
businessman would do in that I would do market research to see what the
people in my area wanted to hear and that is what I would provide. You
think everyone is dumb enough to try to sell ice to an Eskimo? We're
not. If the only thing selling is right wing propaganda take a guess
what I would be selling? I would be in business to make profits, you
know, not for the fun of it.

Hawke

So what you are saying is that you have no idea of what the people in
your area want to hear. And that you would offer broadcasting exactly
like the current broadcasting is in your area if that is what the
people want.

I know what people in my community want to hear. Some want what we have
but many would like to hear something different. Would I offer something
besides all right wing all the time? Yes. I would.

In other words you might run your station exactly the same as the
station you are complaining about. So now I do not understand why you
are complaining.

I would do what it takes to make a profit if I was in business. That's
what I'm saying. If that meant giving nothing but right wing propaganda
to a right wing audience that's what I would do. But that isn't the case
here. We have ownership that is highly conservative and can't stand
anything liberal. They are not offering anything but what they want to
the area. I guarantee that if someone else bought the station and put in
more balanced programming it would do just as well. That's what I would
do here. But if I was in a different market I would cater to it whatever
it is.

Hawke