Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The caricature of the 1%

On Jan 6, 4:09*pm, Hawke wrote:
On 1/5/2012 2:13 PM, wrote:

On Jan 5, 2:58 pm, *wrote:

I believe in a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Hundreds of
millions in a day isn't fair no matter what you did.

Hawke

It must be tough to be both poor and jealous.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

I wouldn't know. Is it?

Hawke

You should know. It is obvious that you are jealous and somehow all
your talk about the top 1% makes me believe you are not in the top 10
percent.

Me? Have I said anything that would indicate that I am jealous? Feel
free to point out anything you think that indicates that I am jealous.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2012 2:52 PM, wrote:
On Jan 6, 4:09 pm, wrote:
On 1/5/2012 2:13 PM, wrote:

On Jan 5, 2:58 pm, wrote:

I believe in a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Hundreds of
millions in a day isn't fair no matter what you did.

Hawke

It must be tough to be both poor and jealous.

Dan

I wouldn't know. Is it?

Hawke

You should know. It is obvious that you are jealous and somehow all
your talk about the top 1% makes me believe you are not in the top 10
percent.

All my talk? In case you missed it people are talking in great numbers
about the 1% and the 99%. I wonder if you understand why. There is a
great economic imbalance in this country like there hasn't been in
almost 100 years. People are hurting. One in every two people is either
poor or nearly poor. Does that sound like the America we want? It's like
that because too few have way too much. Thirty years of trickle down
economics has shown what it does. The money goes to the top and it stays
there. By the way, that is what I said would happen decades ago. So you
can count me as one of the millions and millions who see there is a
great wrong in this country that needs fixing. If you think that is
because I am poor an jealous that's fine. You're wrong so often why
change now?

Me? Have I said anything that would indicate that I am jealous? Feel
free to point out anything you think that indicates that I am jealous.

Simply being a defender of the 1% indicates an affinity with them and a
desire to be like them. You admire them. You want to be one of them. You
wish you were like them but won't admit it. All of your side wants to be
part of the wealthy class. That makes you jealous of them. They have
what you want and can't ever have. So you're jealous of the 1%. Any time
average people side with the uber rich it's because they want to be one
of them and they are always jealous of them because of that. So yeah,
you give your jealousy away by your defense of the wealthy every chance
you get.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 7, 4:24*pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

What a bunch of ranting. You say I am jealous,but can not find
anything I posted to support that claim. And I am not so much a
defender of the 1% as a defender of the idea that one can do things
that create wealth. And if you do create wealth than it ought to be
yours to do with what you want. The government did not create the
wealth, so it really should not belong to the government.

You are lying again when you say anytime average people side with the
rich it is because they want to be one. Yes lying. I think a lot of
the people that have become rich made huge contributions to society.
And society is much richer because of their contributions. You seem
to think that people got rich somehow without creating thing people
want. You would rather people did not invent electricity, telephones,
phonographs, movies, radios, television, cell phones, computers,
software. The fact is that people wanted those things and were
willing to pay for them. And did not consider themselves cheated
because someone made a profit from those things. The rich got rich by
selling things people wanted. The Walton family got rich because
people wanted to buy from Walmart because it saved them money. If you
save a dollar by shopping at Walmart, why are you angry that someone
made a penny off your buying.

You are just a angry, jealous little man.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2012 3:01 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 1/6/2012 2:52 PM, wrote:
On Jan 6, 4:09 pm, wrote:
On 1/5/2012 2:13 PM, wrote:

On Jan 5, 2:58 pm, wrote:

I believe in a fair day's pay for a fair day's work. Hundreds of
millions in a day isn't fair no matter what you did.

Hawke

It must be tough to be both poor and jealous.

Dan

I wouldn't know. Is it?

Hawke

You should know. It is obvious that you are jealous and somehow all
your talk about the top 1% makes me believe you are not in the top 10
percent.

Yeah, I sure don't get the idea he's really arguing on behalf of others.
I think he's unhappy with his lot in life. It doesn't seem to occur to
him that he is responsible for his own outcomes.

Me? Have I said anything that would indicate that I am jealous? Feel
free to point out anything you think that indicates that I am jealous.

Dan

From what you and Dan talk like it sounds like you are a couple of
extremely envious *******s, who have not achieved any where near what
you hoped or expected to. So when you see the 1% you just wish you could
have been one of them so bad that you are beside yourselves with envy.
And when anyone points out how unjust it is for so few to have so much
you defend the indefensible. You sound like the Nazi concentration camp
guards who said we were just following orders. Yeah, nobody believed
them either. You can't hide your envy either by attacking others. We can
see it for what it is.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/7/2012 6:37 PM, wrote:
On Jan 7, 4:24 pm, wrote:

[...]

You need to read some history, Dan. Read about all the people through
out our history who invented and improved the movies, TV, phones,
computers, software, food, transportation, and everything else and never
got to be ridiculously rich. Look at Jonas Salk who cured polio and
refused to let that make him a billionaire. Why? He though that was
wrong. But some guys like you and George can't understand why anyone
would see being that rich as wrong. But it is wrong.

I'm not jealous of those billionaires. I think no one should have that
much. If I got that kind of money I'd give most of it away. I sure
couldn't use it for anything. Neither can anyone else. All it does is
let some people build mansions and buy jewels and corrupt our political
system. It's bad in just about every way. Philosophers for centuries
have decried economic inequality. But some people will just never
understand what's that problem with it. If you were one of the 1% and
some people came and killed you or someone in your family because they
saw you as having too much then you might see why it might not be such a
good thing to have too much money. But until the worst happens to you
personally you will not see what is wrong with giving a few people too
much wealth. It's bad for them. It ruins most of them. It hurts our
society. But those who refuse to see will never understand what is clear
to everyone else.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 9, 8:00*pm, Hawke wrote:

*From what you and Dan talk like it sounds like you are a couple of
extremely envious *******s, who have not achieved any where near what
you hoped or expected to. So when you see the 1% you just wish you could
have been one of them so bad that you are beside yourselves with envy.
And when anyone points out how unjust it is for so few to have so much
you defend the indefensible. You sound like the Nazi concentration camp
guards who said we were just following orders. Yeah, nobody believed
them either. You can't hide your envy either by attacking others. We can
see it for what it is.

Hawke

First of all the 1% do not need defending. Well most of them do not
need defending, as they have not broken any laws. They have been
smart enough or worked hard enough to make a lot of money. In return
they must have done something that people wanted. Otherwise the
people would not have given tbem money.

And I am not jealous. I may not be in the top 1%, but close enough to
enjoy life. If you are going to say things about how envious I am,
then you ought to be able to quote something I posted that show that
envy. But you can not produce concrete examples, so you just claim
that I am envious. To paraphrase you , Yeah, no one believes you when
you make statements that you can not back up.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 9, 8:11*pm, Hawke wrote:

You need to read some history, Dan. Read about all the people through
out our history who invented and improved the movies, TV, phones,
computers, software, food, transportation, and everything else and never
got to be ridiculously rich. Look at Jonas Salk who cured polio and
refused to let that make him a billionaire. Why? He though that was
wrong. But some guys like you and George can't understand why anyone
would see being that rich as wrong. But it is wrong.

Explain why being rich is wrong. Start with Warren Buffet. Then
Andrew Carnegie, How about John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur. I
keep hearing their names on PBS.

[...]

More claims but no examples. And what is this "all it does is
let ....................." I just pointed out some very rich who did
a lot more for mankind than you will ever do.

Dan

Hawke