Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Giant crane salvages ships beached by tsunami

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

Huge.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

lid wrote:
Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

That's like something the russians would make, except it works and hasn't
sunk yet.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:26:52 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

That's like something the russians would make, except it works and hasn't
sunk yet.

The barge crane is lifting the barge crane!

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-06, Randy333 wrote:
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:26:52 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

That's like something the russians would make, except it works and hasn't
sunk yet.

The barge crane is lifting the barge crane!

Must be pretty iffy to lift stuff with a vessel mounted crane, a lot
of tipover possibilities. No way to extend support feet!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:24:21 -0600, Ignoramus8679

On 2012-01-06, Randy333 wrote:
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:26:52 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

That's like something the russians would make, except it works and hasn't
sunk yet.

The barge crane is lifting the barge crane!

Must be pretty iffy to lift stuff with a vessel mounted crane, a lot
of tipover possibilities. No way to extend support feet!

But there's an unlimited supply of pumpable ballast available.

*This* is a couple of big marine cranes. Not really a fair comparison
since it's a floating drydock rather than a barge, but it did travel
here from China. It's passing my favorite surfing spot in the first
two pics. The destroyer in the last pic is 500 feet long.

http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock01.jpg
http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock06.jpg
http://www.hegerdrydock.com/floating8.html

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-01-06, Randy333 wrote:
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:26:52 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

That's like something the russians would make, except it works and hasn't
sunk yet.

The barge crane is lifting the barge crane!

Must be pretty iffy to lift stuff with a vessel mounted crane, a lot
of tipover possibilities. No way to extend support feet!

Sure there is, in shallow shore and bay areas it would be possible.
But more likely, they use movable ballast. That means both vessels
sink if the cables or slings let go.

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 10:40:45 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

*This* is a couple of big marine cranes. Not really a fair comparison
since it's a floating drydock rather than a barge, but it did travel
here from China. It's passing my favorite surfing spot in the first
two pics. The destroyer in the last pic is 500 feet long.

http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock01.jpg

Man, there's ICE in that water. You surf there? Brrr! And I thought
SoCal water was cold...

Hmm, it has been 45 years since I last surfed. I gave it up for
skimboarding, then girls.

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
*This* is a couple of big marine cranes. Not really a fair comparison
since it's a floating drydock rather than a barge, but it did travel
here from China. It's passing my favorite surfing spot in the first
two pics. The destroyer in the last pic is 500 feet long.

http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock01.jpg
http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock06.jpg
http://www.hegerdrydock.com/floating8.html

--
Ned Simmons

You must be really good. Maine doesn't have a sandy beach that long.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 23:51:07 -0500, lid wrote:

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

Huge.
Dave

Aww, thats just a puppy, now *heres* A Crane-

http://hmc.heerema.com/Corporate/Fle...8/Default.aspx

H.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

*This* is a couple of big marine cranes. Not really a fair comparison
since it's a floating drydock rather than a barge, but it did travel
here from China. It's passing my favorite surfing spot in the first
two pics. The destroyer in the last pic is 500 feet long.

http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock01.jpg

Man, there's ICE in that water. You surf there? Brrr! And I thought
SoCal water was cold...

Hmm, it has been 45 years since I last surfed. I gave it up for
skimboarding, then girls.

Well it's been almost 45 years since I've surfed in water that cold
myself. For a geezer like me half the fun is sitting in the water and
relaxing on a nice day.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 12:51:17 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
.. .
*This* is a couple of big marine cranes. Not really a fair comparison
since it's a floating drydock rather than a barge, but it did travel
here from China. It's passing my favorite surfing spot in the first
two pics. The destroyer in the last pic is 500 feet long.

http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock01.jpg
http://www.hazegray.org/news/biwdock06.jpg
http://www.hegerdrydock.com/floating8.html

--
Ned Simmons

You must be really good. Maine doesn't have a sandy beach that long.

jsw

I'm more old than good. That's Popham Beach at the mouth of the
Kennebec. It's about 3 miles long. Old Orchard must be almost twice
that.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Randy333" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:26:52 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

That's like something the russians would make, except it works and hasn't
sunk yet.

The barge crane is lifting the barge crane!

We flew out to a rig one time, and landed on the Narwahl Barge, probably an
800 ton capacity barge. They were setting three packages on the platform.
The drilling package, the living quarters package, and the motor package.
Each was 350 tons. It was like watching a ballet. They were done in three
hours and winching out, and we were swung over to the new platform to start
assembly.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.ihi.co.jp/offshore/narwhal_e.htm

Another interesting barge.

Cup oilers, Where to buy, ships to Canada CNC Solutions Metalworking 27 May 24th 11 06:18 AM
Old ships, railroad cars re scrap metal Proctologically Violated©®[_2_] Metalworking 20 December 6th 08 02:30 AM
MHVC Model ships collection photos. Alexander Blokhin Woodworking 0 June 23rd 08 10:41 PM
Model Woodworking - The best ! Planes- Ships-Subs-Iceboats:WWI todate L H Woodworking 0 October 21st 06 04:00 PM
MSC Ships me a Toolbox (Tale of Woe) B.B. Metalworking 11 January 10th 06 06:21 PM