Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Giant crane salvages ships beached by tsunami

"Randy333" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:26:52 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Holy smokes. Check out the size of this barge bourne crane in Japan:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=897_1325738794

That's like something the russians would make, except it works and hasn't
sunk yet.

The barge crane is lifting the barge crane!

We flew out to a rig one time, and landed on the Narwahl Barge, probably an
800 ton capacity barge. They were setting three packages on the platform.
The drilling package, the living quarters package, and the motor package.
Each was 350 tons. It was like watching a ballet. They were done in three
hours and winching out, and we were swung over to the new platform to start
assembly.

Steve