Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop heat question

Finishing up framing a 13'x36' shop area within my large shop. Walls and 8 foot ceiling fully insulated. All surfaces are 1/2" oriented strand board, along with a couple of double insulated windows looking into the bigger shop. There is 4" insulation in walls and 6" in ceiling. Concrete floor with vinyl tile. Power available for heating would be either electricity or propane.

Would like to maintain 50°F to keep machinery from rusting. Outside temperatures average around 36-38°F through the winter months. I don't require a warmer temperature for working. Can always place a small propane heater next to me if I'm going to stand in one place for a long time.

All suggestions greatly appreciated. BTW, ceiling will have 8 four-foot four-lamp fluorescent lights.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Advice on Shop vacs......and sawdust collector question. I need a shop vac badly and want to get a good one. [email protected] Home Repair 15 April 28th 10 03:26 PM
Shop Heat J T Woodworking 16 December 30th 07 08:10 PM
Shop heat Trent Woodworking 23 August 21st 07 05:04 PM
Shop Heat. Brian In Hampton Woodworking 0 December 24th 05 04:27 AM
Zoned heat-pump and backup heat strip question Abe Home Repair 2 April 26th 05 01:54 AM