Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Follow-up on Coolant / Lube System Needs

Okay... No takers on the coolant system job so far so I have a new
question:

Does anyone know of a supplier in the US who might be able to help my
customer with a coolant system similar to the following:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/LIT...343?Pid=search

or
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...Catalog= main

I'd like to provide them with a contact who does more than just sell an
item. Maybe someone with some head knowledge of how to choose the right
one, etc.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Okay... No takers on the coolant system job so far so I have a new
question:

Does anyone know of a supplier in the US who might be able to help my
customer with a coolant system similar to the following:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/LIT...343?Pid=search

I have one of those. Just plug it in and it works. No big deal. The
biggest problem is the filter screen will plug up with chips on larger jobs.
I take it out for a moment and knock the chips out in a bucket of shavings
and put it back. I have mine under a sink drain in an aluminum pan that
forms the bottom of my cabinet for my Taig. Its got a couple thousand hours
on it pumping oil. Its still working like new. I am sure pumping a water
based coolant / lubricant like Kool Mist 77 it would last forever. I have
mine set to turn on with a relay whenever my spindle turns on, but I could
just as easily use a separate relay on a separate trigger pin to turn on and
off with coolant M codes.

I also went ahead and set it up with two loc-line nozzles in case one builds
up small chips in the line and plugs up. I keep an eye on it with a couple
cameras tied to my DVR that I can watch from my office, the house, or even
on my cell phone.

I think I would go with a smooth steel or stainless steel nozzle/line in the
future, and just mount the nozzle on a ball gimple mount with a clamp around
the line. Less likely to build up fine chips and plug at one of the section
edges IMO.

or
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...Catalog= main

I'd like to provide them with a contact who does more than just sell an
item. Maybe someone with some head knowledge of how to choose the right
one, etc.

I don't sell them, and I don't setup machines or machine systems, but I bet
you could take care of them for this easy enough. Heck, this thing is
basically a catch basin and a glorified cooler pump. You could make your
own and sell them.

I would comment that I really wish my reservoir was a lot bigger. For
manual or short jobs its no big deal, but I hate having to reach in the
cabinet and clear away chips so that coolant will flow back to the drain
better during a long job. Again, with a water based coolant/lubricant it
might not be as big a deal. If the reservoir was bigger I could just let
the oil keep building up until it flowed over the chips in the cabinet.

I am definitely not an expert on systems like this having only setup one,
but after doing it, it seems really straight forward. Just select a coolant
lubricant safe for the machine and good for the type of material being cut.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I don't sell them, and I don't setup machines or machine systems, but I
bet you could take care of them for this easy enough. Heck, this thing is
basically a catch basin and a glorified cooler pump. You could make your
own and sell them.

Bob,

We have sold them in the past, but I got out of the fixture stand and
accessory business a few years ago and only jump back in when things are
slow.

We are currently running 7-8 week delivery because of workload. My norm on
some products is within a few days to a week. So I'm trying to do as little
as possible here other than what I do best.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://www.Drill-HQ.com/?page_id=226
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
I don't sell them, and I don't setup machines or machine systems, but I
bet you could take care of them for this easy enough. Heck, this thing
is basically a catch basin and a glorified cooler pump. You could make
your own and sell them.

Bob,

We have sold them in the past, but I got out of the fixture stand and
accessory business a few years ago and only jump back in when things are
slow.

We are currently running 7-8 week delivery because of workload. My norm
on some products is within a few days to a week. So I'm trying to do as
little as possible here other than what I do best.

Call Little Machine Shop and see how they respond to a couple questions.
They also sell that same Little Giant system, and a slightly bigger one. So
does Enco or MSC I think, although talking to an "expert" may be a little
harder with the latter two.

I understand where you are coming from. I often perform "supplemental
trades" on job sites to facilitate my contracting jobs. Customers see that
I know how to do things not necessarily covered under my licenses (but
allowed as supplemental to things covered by my licenses) and they often
call me for handyman type work. If things are slow and the cost is low
enough to be allowed under the unlicensed handyman clause I'll do them, but
most times I just refer them to somebody who does that type of work
specifically.