Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Thank the Democrats for a better economy

On 12/13/2011 8:15 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Dec 13, 7:12 pm, wrote:
In this season to be thankful, what do you want to thank Democrats for?

I want to thank Democrats that they removed Bibles from our public schools
and replaced them with drugs and crime.

I want to thank Democrats that our children no longer have to read "Thou
shall not Kill" but are free to kill their classmates.

I want to thank Democrats for jailing men for not paying child support for
children that are not theirs.

I want to thank Democrats for electing a president that can't even be
determined to be American.

I want to thank Democrats for keeping patriotic Americans busy defending the
Constitution that Democrats constantly trample.

I want to thank Democrats for making our educational system the least
effective for the amount of money spent.

What do you want to thank Democrats for?

RogerN

I want to thank Democrats for rebuilding the economy after the
Republicans destroyed it.

The economy turned around after Republicans retook the House and made
big gains in the Senate.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/24/2011 11:32 PM, Hawwke-ptooey wrote:

I'm still waiting to see you write anything at all worth noting. All
you have come up with is pap. All you do is repeat how poorly I do
things.

Because you continue to do so.

But you're just like Dan. You have nothing at all for anyone to
criticize because you say nothing. It's all blah, blah, blah, you're
no good. But not a thing from you to even take a look at. Here is how
it goes, something is better than nothing. You have nothing to show
for all you posts except to say someone else can't meet your
standards. Your standards. Like that is supposed to mean something?

Yes, it is bad form of me to ask you to embrace common standards of
logic, honesty and consistency.

Not judging, just observing in a bemused "much ado about nothing"
way.

So what exactly is your contribution? I see you are very good at
finding fault. It seems everything I do fails your test. But like I
said. You have put nothing forward to be judged just carping about
what is wrong with someone else. At some point you have to put up or
shut up. You can't just keep pretending to be superior but then never
show anyone what you can do. I'm waiting to see a demonstration from
you showing how awesome you are. In anything! It seems like it is
going to be a long wait too.

Perhaps the most awesome trait is my patience with you in trying to
educate you, the one who claims to be educated yet seems to have learned
so little wisdom from it.

And you see nothing hypocritical here, I bet.

Well, where's your argument that says the left is as responsible?
Where is your evidence to refute what I just said? As usual, nothing
but finding flaws in everything I say. Now it's your turn, Bro. If
I'm so partisan and so wrong about what I have stated you need to
show why I'm wrong. By now everyone else has figured you out. You
won't put up an argument to be picked apart like you want to do with
mine. If you're so damn good let's see what you've got. Either put up
or shut up!

Since you have shown yourself incapable of understanding anything that
violates your preconceptions, why should I bother?

You know that is exactly the kind of statement a right wing nutter
would say about me. In fact, I hear variations of that kind of thing
all the time. It's always from right wingers though. So you, Mr.
Lefty, even left of me, are saying exactly what uneducated, dumb
**** right wingers say. You sound just like one of them. Maybe, just
maybe you are one.

So both members of the right and the left point out your failings, and
that only means to you that the Lefties must be Righties, because anyone
who points out your failings can only be wrong.

I don't believe in or follow the dogma of any group or organization.
I'm an independent. But I can tell which way the wing blows and I
call them like I see them.

About as independent as the Chairman of the DNC.

I see who has been making things bad in this country and it isn't
the Democrats.

Actually, it was both the Dems and Reps.

If it was I would say so. It's like I hold the Soviet Union
responsible for the Cold War. Was I biased against them? No, it's
just they made it happen, not us.

A lot of the reason the Cold War lasted as long as it did was inaccurate
CIA assessments of Soviet military and industrial capability. In effect,
the CIA believed, in the absence of good intel, that the Soviet economy
was stronger than it was.

At any rate, Stalin started the Cold War, but we helped prolong it with
our own ineptitude.

Our problems are caused by the republicans. I say that because that
is what the facts show not some dogma from anywhere.

The facts that you choose to ignore is that our current problems result
from shortsighted efforts of both the Dems and Reps.

Get lost.

I've been here longer than you so you first.

Hawwke-ptooey

I don't know or care who has been here longer, but I post about
metal working from a long career in the industry and you post
shallow juvenile nonsense worthy of a 14 year old.

Well, bully for you that you can post about metal working. I can
post about many things I know about too.

But your posts only show that you know nothing about anything.

But I've yet to see you post anything that is not metal related where
what you said is anything to brag about.

I don't post in order to brag.

Calling your posts "average" is being diplomatic to say the least. In
no way have you shown any ability that places you above the pack yet
you talk as if you are not only an authority on metalwork but on
everything else.

I post about what I've learned about metalworking. I ask questions and,
when I can, I answer questions.

Personally, I find it childish when anyone takes that position.

Then why do you do so so often?

You haven't earned the right to act like you set any standards here.
But you want to take a position of authority and respect you have not
shown you deserve. Not by a mile. Put simply, you aren't nearly as
good as you seem to think you are.

Possibly so, but those reading your posts note your unfamiliarity with
logic, honesty and consistency.

Come back when you can contribute to an adult discussion.

I would challenge you to come back when you can say something and
back it up sometime. Take a position on anything you like and try to
prove it. As long as you refuse to do that and only look for nits to
pick then you sure aren't being an example of how an adult is
supposed to act.

Hawwke-ptooey

Come back when you can contribute to an adult discussion.

David