Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Link Belts

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:33:05 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I've got a line on an RF-30 at what seems like a decent price. Went and
checked it out the other day, and I've been doing some research on that line
of machine from various vendors.

One thing I ran across from a couple different sources is that the motor
causes vibration that results in only fair finish quality for some types of
cuts. One thing I'ld seen mentioned a couple times was using link belts
instead of v-belts. Since both of my drill presses and my one small manual
mill all use v-belts I was wondering if I could benefit on them from
changing over to link belts?

Additionally since I know absolutely nothing about link belts how do you
order them? By size like a V belt, or can you just order a bunch of it and
make belts to length as needed?

My other thought was, if the right deal comes along would these machines
experience less vibration with a 3 phase motor? Maybe running a nice VFD
for infinite speed control?

I just happen to have a fairly decent quantity of Link belts that will
probably fit your machine. When you buy the machine..give me belt
diameter and Ill send you some link belt and see if you are smart enough
to put it together and install it VBG and I wont even charge you
shipping.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Link Belts Doug White Metalworking 0 November 23rd 11 03:48 PM
Link Belts Jim Wilkins[_2_] Metalworking 0 November 23rd 11 01:16 PM
Link Belts Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Metalworking 0 November 23rd 11 06:57 AM
Link Belts Tom Dougall Woodturning 2 July 30th 07 07:14 AM
link belts Paul Woodworking 3 December 12th 03 12:30 AM