Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Link Belts

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I've got a line on an RF-30 at what seems like a decent price. Went and
checked it out the other day, and I've been doing some research on that
line of machine from various vendors.

One thing I ran across from a couple different sources is that the motor
causes vibration that results in only fair finish quality for some types
of cuts. ...

My testing of one new RF-31 from MSC suggested that 0.1mm or perhaps 0.05mm
accuracy was the best it could deliver for multiple reasons, and correcting
the easiest of them wouldn't help much. I brought a few demanding jobs home
for the better accuracy and surface finish of my 50+ year old Clausing.

jsw

Link Belts Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Metalworking 0 November 23rd 11 06:57 AM
Link Belts Tom Dougall Woodturning 2 July 30th 07 07:14 AM
Link belts, are they REALLY noisy Alan W Woodworking 27 November 13th 04 03:40 PM
Link Belts George G Metalworking 6 January 12th 04 03:43 PM
link belts Paul Woodworking 3 December 12th 03 12:30 AM