Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What do you think about this floor scale

I find myself shipping quite a few items via freight, or estimating
scrap weight etc, and I would like to have a floor pallet scale to get
precise weights.

What do you think about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140629365830

thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 16, 12:26*am, Ignoramus1493
wrote:
I find myself shipping quite a few items via freight, or estimating
scrap weight etc, and I would like to have a floor pallet scale to get
precise weights.

What do you think about this one?

* * *http://www.ebay.com/itm/140629365830

thanks

Same seller has a 10,000 x 2 lb (though not certified for trade) for
50 bucks less which may be better for your heavier iron.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 23:26:17 -0600, Ignoramus1493
wrote:

I find myself shipping quite a few items via freight, or estimating
scrap weight etc, and I would like to have a floor pallet scale to get
precise weights.

What do you think about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140629365830

thanks

Ive got several clients with that exact scale and they are quite happy
with them.

Just dont DROP stuff on it. Place it on it as gently as possible.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-11-16, Ignoramus1493 wrote:

I find myself shipping quite a few items via freight, or estimating
scrap weight etc, and I would like to have a floor pallet scale to get
precise weights.

What do you think about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140629365830

This looks nice to me (sold as new and certified for trade),
with only one question -- what is the maximum overweight load which can
be put on it without damage? If you could download a manual to give
that information, I would consider it a plus. The readout will go to at
least 10,000 lbs, and there seems to be an "over" indicator, as well as
the ability to set a "tare" to tell you how much it is without the
pallet which the load is on. (But you would be shipping with the
pallet, so you probably don't need that.)

You might try calling the phone number "(800)230-0120" on the
front panel of the readout module to see what you can find out about it.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-11-16, Ignoramus1493 wrote:

I find myself shipping quite a few items via freight, or estimating
scrap weight etc, and I would like to have a floor pallet scale to get
precise weights.

What do you think about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140629365830

This looks nice to me (sold as new and certified for trade),
with only one question -- what is the maximum overweight load which can
be put on it without damage? If you could download a manual to give
that information, I would consider it a plus. The readout will go to at
least 10,000 lbs, and there seems to be an "over" indicator, as well as
the ability to set a "tare" to tell you how much it is without the
pallet which the load is on. (But you would be shipping with the
pallet, so you probably don't need that.)

I will get a 10,000 lbs scale, same price as the 5,000 lbs
scale and a little more flexibility with what I can put on it.

I did talk to those guys a couple of days ago, and they seem to be
pretty good.

You might try calling the phone number "(800)230-0120" on the
front panel of the readout module to see what you can find out about it.

Enjoy,
DoN.

secondary y scale (1/1) josephkk Electronic Schematics 2 April 19th 11 03:16 AM
Scale of scale The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 December 17th 08 01:23 AM
Scale drawing - can I do this myself? [email protected] UK diy 18 September 30th 08 01:34 PM
Scale Metalworking 14 March 31st 06 01:12 AM
The Definitive Chord & Scale Bible - Literally EVERY chord and scale! Kind of Blue 45114 Metalworking 0 February 8th 05 08:12 PM