Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LED Failure Poll (low voltage lighting)

The 12 volt multi bulb panels you referenced. They look like
they would be good for lighting a work bench. I wonder if
they would be good for home lighting. Maybe point them
towards a ceiling, or crinkled aluminum foil for diffuser.

I bought one of these
http://www.harborfreight.com/45-bulb...ght-66308.html
on sale, cheap. It does put out light. Rather than light the
work area, it shines a blue spot on the far wall. I'd have
been better off with one of these
http://www.harborfreight.com/portabl...ght-66433.html
much higher wattage, but it provides useful light.

The multi LED panels, who can tell? Might make good power
failure lights. Run off a car battery, or a couple 6v
lantern batteries, or some other option. Marine battery, and
low voltage wiring?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
message

You're welcome. I bought four of them to put some 12V
emergency
lights in the house. If I like them, I'll buy more to put
in the shops.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The 12 volt multi bulb panels you referenced. They look like
they would be good for lighting a work bench. I wonder if
they would be good for home lighting. Maybe point them
towards a ceiling, or crinkled aluminum foil for diffuser.

I bought them for emergency lighting in the hallways & bathroom which
have no windows. I have gone up to six weeks without electricity after
a hurricane and they should provide enough light for the intended
application. There are 12V 48 LED modules on Ebay, if you want more
light.

I bought one of these
http://www.harborfreight.com/45-bulb...ght-66308.html
on sale, cheap. It does put out light. Rather than light the
work area, it shines a blue spot on the far wall.

I have one of those. it's great for working in a tight space where a
halogen light would burn you becasue you keep bumping the light.

I'd have been better off with one of these
http://www.harborfreight.com/portabl...ght-66433.html
much higher wattage, but it provides useful light.

I have several of those, in a couple different wattages.

The multi LED panels, who can tell? Might make good power
failure lights. Run off a car battery, or a couple 6v
lantern batteries, or some other option. Marine battery, and
low voltage wiring?

I have a couple 12V jump packs with 18 AH gel cells to power them.