Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Band saw

What's the best horizontal band saw for the money in the range of a 1" blade
or so. I've seen several for around $1,000. I intend on looking for a
gently used one, so want some input on brands. My little HF green one is
still going strong, but I need a slightly larger one on some things.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:07:09 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

What's the best horizontal band saw for the money in the range of a 1" blade
or so. I've seen several for around $1,000. I intend on looking for a
gently used one, so want some input on brands. My little HF green one is
still going strong, but I need a slightly larger one on some things.

Steve

I'd sell you a Duall with a 254" X 1" blade for $750. Very nice saw,
rebuilt and repainted for when I bought it. Only cut a couple pieces.
I gave it to the kid. He wants a small one, can't make 'em happy.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 20, 8:07*am, "Steve B" wrote:
What's the best horizontal band saw for the money in the range of a 1" blade
or so. *I've seen several for around $1,000. *I intend on looking for a
gently used one, so want some input on brands. *My little HF green one is
still going strong, but I need a slightly larger one on some things.

Steve

I have an old W.F. Wells machine that I picked up for about $200.00
For some reason it was set up with a 1/2" blade so I had to turn the
wheels and change the bearings to get it to handle a 1" blade.

Works well :-) and I'm pretty happy with it. But if I had to do it
over
again, I would prolly go for a used Roll-In and tap some clamping
holes in the deck.

DOC

Hang on a minute. I'll think of something soon!