Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
doc[_4_] doc[_4_] is offline

Default Band saw

On Oct 20, 8:07*am, "Steve B" wrote:
What's the best horizontal band saw for the money in the range of a 1" blade
or so. *I've seen several for around $1,000. *I intend on looking for a
gently used one, so want some input on brands. *My little HF green one is
still going strong, but I need a slightly larger one on some things.

Steve

I have an old W.F. Wells machine that I picked up for about $200.00
For some reason it was set up with a 1/2" blade so I had to turn the
wheels and change the bearings to get it to handle a 1" blade.

Works well :-) and I'm pretty happy with it. But if I had to do it
over
again, I would prolly go for a used Roll-In and tap some clamping
holes in the deck.

DOC

Hang on a minute. I'll think of something soon!