engmtccsc

Default band saw

looking for set of plans to build a band saw............

TeamCasa

http://www.procutportablesawmills.com/

Dave

"engmtccsc" wrote in message
looking for set of plans to build a band saw............

Prometheus

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:30:51 -0300, "engmtccsc"
wrote:

looking for set of plans to build a band saw............

Out of what? I hope you've got some really nice tools to tackle
something like that with... Lots of milling required, I'm sure. By
they time you get it built, you could probably have bought yourself a
Grizzly and sawn away for weeks. If you can do it, awesome- but
bandsaws are a touchy breed.
JMWEBER987

about 30 years ago, Popular Mechanics or similiar published plans on building a
band saw using plywood 12 inch as I recall. Might check the archives.
Unisaw A100

Gilliom out of St. Charles, Mo once upon a time sold kits
for saws, band saws, shapers, sanders and other machines.
They supply the parts and pieces we humans can't get like
the wheels, arbors and castings. The line is/was called
Gil-Bilt.

This address goes back a couple/few years.

Gilliom Manufacturing Inc.
500 Boonslick Rd.
St. Charles, MO
(636)724-1812

As an aside, I have a friend who built one of their band
saws and he liked it just fine but short of a rave review.
He switched from their recommended fir ply to Baltic Birch
and made other arm chair injineering decisions as he went..

One thing to note, when you get the kit, don't be surprised
by the quality of the castings and the material but then
whaddayawantanyway, I mean hell, it's a fargin' kit after
all, right?

Here's a link to look at.

http://www.owwm.com/MfgIndex/detail.asp?id=369

UA100