Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Semi Truck parking

The building that I own since last Thursday, has a huge front parking
lot that is 133 feet deep and is rather wide also. I have no use for
it.

I am thinking of allowing semi trucks to park there, to make
money. There is one semi trailer parked on my property right now -- I
have no idea whose semi trailer it is and will sort it out -- so it
seems to be legal.

Depending on how much area I give to each semi truck, there is room
for, perhaps, 11-12 "big rigs" to be parked in front only, and for
some in the back. They would have plenty of room to easily get in and
out, through my property.

The past owner could not do it, because his employees needed to park
their cars, but for me this is not the case.

So my question, first, is, would parking this many semis raise
any concerns for an industrial zoned land?

My second question is, how can I find this out for sure, should I just
talk to the village or ask some local attorney? The village, so far,
seems nice and accommodating. My bilding is 500 feet from the village
hall, as it happens.

In addition, there are no banks and loan covenants in the picture.

Any comments?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 21:06:43 -0500, Ignoramus23561
wrote:

[...]

Couple of things come to mind. If a trucker is paying to park means he
can't park at home and he has no company lot or not enough parking
there. All this means they have no place to dump trash. Unless you
have concrete beams to set the dollies on, there will be some
penetrations in the surface from loaded trailers. Expect trash,
blownout tires and a torn up parking lot.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-10-03, wrote:
[...]

The lot is not in the best of shapes even now.

Can I just ask those truckers to put pads under their semi trailer
jacks?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23561 wrote:
On 2011-10-03, wrote:
[...]

Get some small containers and rent them out in place for storage.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus23561" wrote in message
[...]

You need to talk to a lawyer. When i had my place on belmont ave. i
used to rent parking spaces until the city of chicago passed an ordenance
that would have required me to buy a license to park cars. To much hastle
so i stoped renting.

Best Regards
Tom.

--
http://fija.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-10-03, azotic wrote:

[...]

Thanks for a VERY straight answer. I will talk to a local lawyer soon.

By the way, the warehouse not in Chicago, but , obviously, you gave a
great example of local laws.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-10-03, wrote:

id wrote in message
[...]

What do you have for lighting? Need bright lights for security and
perhaps a video monitoring system.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:01:57 -0500, Ignoramus23561

On 2011-10-03, azotic wrote:

You need to talk to a lawyer. When i had my place on belmont ave. i
used to rent parking spaces until the city of chicago passed an ordenance
that would have required me to buy a license to park cars. To much hastle
so i stoped renting.

Thanks for a VERY straight answer. I will talk to a local lawyer soon.

By the way, the warehouse not in Chicago, but , obviously, you gave a
great example of local laws.

Also check on laws concerning security and liability. You'd probably
need a new liability policy for that, city licensing, etc. Call your
speaking weasel today!

--
Worry is a misuse of imagination.
-- Dan Zadra
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 2, 4:06*pm, Ignoramus23561 ignoramus23...@NOSPAM.
23561.invalid wrote:
[...]

The vacant lot across the street was rented to a road resurfacing
company that worked in the area for a year or so. Now it's rented to a
limo/tour bus company. Gravel surface so doesn't have some of the
problems mentioned. No shack or anything. The drive their car in and
the lemo out and lock the gate. It sound like renting to one company
could prevent some of the problems mentioned.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

23561.invalid wrote:
[...]

Not a bad idea! Less hassle, too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23561 wrote:
[...]

Yeah, just ****ing do it. If falling meteor insurance or narco mexi
cartels become a problem, or elephants stampede your property or any of
the other paranoid things people here bring up happen, you can deal with
them.

Worst case the village tells you stop doing it, great you stop and have
made a couple thousand bucks already. Big deal, move on. If you start with
an attorney you're already in the hole before you even collect your first
dollar.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-10-03, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Ignoramus23561 wrote:
[...]

I like your way of thinking, generally, with some exceptions.

The way I see it, I will need a lawyer to draft an agreement for
truckers, in any case.

I also talked to the village today and they said that it should not be
a problem, although they said they will double check.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Ignoramus23561 wrote:
[...]

STRIKE ONE! You're outta here .............

Parking Pad Jim Home Repair 9 August 12th 06 08:19 PM
Truck for sale... '99 Isuzu FTR - (It's Metal related because it's a MANLY TRUCK, and we're manly men here!!!!) RainLover Metalworking 0 October 14th 05 07:40 PM
OT Parking Revisited! David Lang UK diy 6 June 23rd 05 05:54 PM
OT. Parking David Lang UK diy 74 May 30th 05 05:56 PM
semi truck Grant Erwin Metalworking 16 January 27th 05 04:34 AM