Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Newsreader Reset...

I use Outlook Express. Suddenly, while reading the new posts, the system
tells me "rec.crafts.metalworking" is not available on this server... And
then deletes the group from my list of available groups.

I go to re-add it, and it's not listed...

I go to reset the master list of newsgroups... It's not connecting...

I go to shut down Outlook Express and reboot it and it locks up. At that
point, I'm thinking a simple but deep "uh oh..."

I try to shut it down via Task Manager, no luck...

I shut down everything else and go to reboot... That finally gives me the
option to shut it down and it works.

No reboot though... Locks up. Repower down and try again. Locks up. Try
three or four times... Same results.

Now I'm thinking, "Man! First we loose a day to Irene and now I'm going to
loose a day plus lots of misc. time rebuilding my personal system...

Then it hits me. I have a SD card in the reader because I was uploading to
Craigslist ads...

Pull the card and it boots.

But, I have to restore my newsgroup back-up from 8/20 to get all my
memorized discussions, etc.

So... All that is said just to let you know that if you respond to a thread
I'm active in that was "tracked" by me after 8/20, I won't see the red text
and won't realize I'm supposed to read the actual message instead of
bypassing it as spam or fill.

I'm crediting the weirdness to Outlook Express.

....I hope everyone else's morning started out better than mine.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
... I'm crediting the weirdness to Outlook Express.

I haven't had that much trouble with it (yet), but it doesn't always show
recent posts that are visible on Google Groups.

I stopped posting from GG. If anyone's filtering is still inadvertently
blocking me, please let me know.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I haven't had that much trouble with it (yet), but it doesn't always show
recent posts that are visible on Google Groups.

Right lick on the header area to the right of "New Post", "Reply Group",
etc...

Add the button "Headers"

Go to the newsgroup and wait for it to load. Then press that button a few
times. Each time you press it, it will force pull anything that OPE doesn't
pull for some reason.

....you will probably have to press it 50 times to catch up and will see
100's of messages.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--FWIW tin rocks. I've been using it since the mid-90s; never a
hiccup in all that time. Getcher self an ISP that supports shell and you'll
never regret it.. ;-)

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!