Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Newsreader Reset...

I use Outlook Express. Suddenly, while reading the new posts, the system
tells me "rec.crafts.metalworking" is not available on this server... And
then deletes the group from my list of available groups.

I go to re-add it, and it's not listed...

I go to reset the master list of newsgroups... It's not connecting...

I go to shut down Outlook Express and reboot it and it locks up. At that
point, I'm thinking a simple but deep "uh oh..."

I try to shut it down via Task Manager, no luck...

I shut down everything else and go to reboot... That finally gives me the
option to shut it down and it works.

No reboot though... Locks up. Repower down and try again. Locks up. Try
three or four times... Same results.

Now I'm thinking, "Man! First we loose a day to Irene and now I'm going to
loose a day plus lots of misc. time rebuilding my personal system...

Then it hits me. I have a SD card in the reader because I was uploading to
Craigslist ads...

Pull the card and it boots.

But, I have to restore my newsgroup back-up from 8/20 to get all my
memorized discussions, etc.

So... All that is said just to let you know that if you respond to a thread
I'm active in that was "tracked" by me after 8/20, I won't see the red text
and won't realize I'm supposed to read the actual message instead of
bypassing it as spam or fill.

I'm crediting the weirdness to Outlook Express.

....I hope everyone else's morning started out better than mine.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R