Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cuttermaster pictures

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Cuttermaster/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 20:44:27 -0500, Ignoramus14275
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Cuttermaster/

Sweet! Looks to be in good shape. Some WD and 0000 ought to take
that surface rust right off.

--
In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus14275" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Cuttermaster/

Don't run the air-bar without air pressure to it, and if it gets sticky then
clean it and the housing bores with acetone and a clean lint-free cloth.

Amway makes a metal polish you can use to polish the bar with if the above
doesn't get it to move effortlessly, clean the residual film off of the bar
with acetone before reassembly and also squirt a small amount into the air
supply.

IMO Cuttermaster is better than Darex by far but neither of them hold a
candle compared to a Weldon unit on a #2 cincy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-05, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus14275" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Cuttermaster/

Don't run the air-bar without air pressure to it, and if it gets sticky then
clean it and the housing bores with acetone and a clean lint-free cloth.

Amway makes a metal polish you can use to polish the bar with if the above
doesn't get it to move effortlessly, clean the residual film off of the bar
with acetone before reassembly and also squirt a small amount into the air
supply.

IMO Cuttermaster is better than Darex by far but neither of them hold a
candle compared to a Weldon unit on a #2 cincy

I also bought a Weldon unit with 200 lbs of air spindles.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-08-05, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus14275" wrote in message
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Cuttermaster/

Don't run the air-bar without air pressure to it, and if it gets sticky
then
clean it and the housing bores with acetone and a clean lint-free cloth.

Amway makes a metal polish you can use to polish the bar with if the
above
doesn't get it to move effortlessly, clean the residual film off of the
bar
with acetone before reassembly and also squirt a small amount into the
air
supply.

IMO Cuttermaster is better than Darex by far but neither of them hold a
candle compared to a Weldon unit on a #2 cincy

I also bought a Weldon unit with 200 lbs of air spindles.

I would be interested except my Darex does pretty much every thing I need.