Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default bearing woes

I just got the AC running so I could use the tractor mowing sudan
grass. We want to leave on vacation Sunday. So, of course, a bearing
went out in the stalk chopper.

I call it a tilt out bearing. There's two openings in the holding
flange. Tilt or rotate the bearing 90 degrees and it snaps out. With
only minutes till Mcmaster closed, I ordered this entire unit:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#2773t6/=ddmbco The mounting pillow block is
all wrong.

I couldn't find just the bearing for the life of me. Do you think the
above unit has a tilt out bearing in it? Or, do I need to run 60 miles
to a bearing house in the morning? What is the correct name for these
bearings?

Karl

Machine a bearing?? - Ford Major Diesel 2 stage clutch bearing GeoLane at PTD dot NET Metalworking 6 March 14th 09 01:31 PM
PC woes Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 41 May 14th 08 12:38 AM
PC woes Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 33 May 12th 08 02:47 PM
well woes [email protected] Home Repair 18 November 17th 05 06:50 PM
well woes [email protected] Home Ownership 17 November 17th 05 06:50 PM