Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default bearing woes

I just got the AC running so I could use the tractor mowing sudan
grass. We want to leave on vacation Sunday. So, of course, a bearing
went out in the stalk chopper.

I call it a tilt out bearing. There's two openings in the holding
flange. Tilt or rotate the bearing 90 degrees and it snaps out. With
only minutes till Mcmaster closed, I ordered this entire unit:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#2773t6/=ddmbco The mounting pillow block is
all wrong.

I couldn't find just the bearing for the life of me. Do you think the
above unit has a tilt out bearing in it? Or, do I need to run 60 miles
to a bearing house in the morning? What is the correct name for these
bearings?

Karl