Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Walmart.....

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:59:04 -0500, Karl Townsend

I don't think you even have to find the rare excellence of people
running a successful corporation. In fact, I think most anyone with a
bit of experience making their own way in this world could do a better
job. I even know that if I'm broke and in the hole, the first thing to
do is stop digging.

I'm not an anarchist, but if we could get rid of the whole lot and
start over, things would be far better. The bunch in charge now is
proof of the saying that power corrupts. I'm talking of both parties
here. It is disgusting.

I am now absolutely certain that a random gathering of anyone (in
homes or on the street) at any time of the day in random cities around
the nation would be a better group of people, both morally and
intellectually, than the 555 people who sit in D.C. right now.

Of course, balancing the budget could be as easy as snipping off those
unnecessary ABC agencies which duplicate others in the gov't
structure, but do they even consider that? NO!

Dump the war on drugs, the war on terror (save for a few SEAL teams,
etc.), and the war on poverty. It will save lots of money and allow
civilization to handle itself.

Register and control doctors and lawyers, not guns.

--
Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

I am now absolutely certain that a random gathering of anyone (in
homes or on the street) at any time of the day in random cities around
the nation would be a better group of people, both morally and
intellectually, than the 555 people who sit in D.C. right now.

Of course, balancing the budget could be as easy as snipping off those
unnecessary ABC agencies which duplicate others in the gov't
structure, but do they even consider that? NO!

I'm kind of curious.

Aren't these the same people that just recently voted into law the
most expensive and controversial health care system.

And now find they can't pay their normal bills?

It would be amusing, were it not so serious.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
Larry Jaques wrote:

I am now absolutely certain that a random gathering of anyone (in
homes or on the street) at any time of the day in random cities around
the nation would be a better group of people, both morally and
intellectually, than the 555 people who sit in D.C. right now.

Of course, balancing the budget could be as easy as snipping off those
unnecessary ABC agencies which duplicate others in the gov't
structure, but do they even consider that? NO!

I'm kind of curious.

Aren't these the same people that just recently voted into law the
most expensive and controversial health care system.

There are a few issues here. First, where did you get the info that it's
expensive? The CBO or someone said it's cheaper than what we have now. The
source and methodology are important.

Second, we haven't incurred those costs yet. To the degree that any will
show up, it will be in terms of private insurance premiums compensating for
enlarging the insurance communities to cover people with pre-existing
conditions, and to cover the removed cap on lifetime expense. It isn't
showing up in the national debt or the costs of servicing it.

Third, the controversy is mostly political and philosophical, not scientific
or economic.

Fourth, we'd be paying those costs anyway out of tax money, to cover the
Gunners of the country.

And now find they can't pay their normal bills?

Not enough revenue to pay bills that were incurred over the past two
decades. No recent expenses are part of it.

It would be amusing, were it not so serious.

It will be less amusing when you look into the actual costs and benefits.
But it is serious.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 27, 7:59*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
[...]

Why don't we cut Social Security, Medicare and vet benefits while we
are at it.

That should keep most of the conservatives from posting on Usenet.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 27, 10:06*am, CaveLamb wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

I am now absolutely certain that a random gathering of anyone (in
homes or on the street) at any time of the day in random cities around
the nation would be a better group of people, both morally and
intellectually, than the 555 people who sit in D.C. right now.

Of course, balancing the budget could be as easy as snipping off those
unnecessary ABC agencies which duplicate others in the gov't
structure, but do they even consider that? NO!

I'm kind of curious.

Aren't these the same people that just recently voted into law the
most expensive and controversial health care system.

And now find they can't pay their normal bills?

It would be amusing, were it not so serious.

No..they voted out the most expensive and controversial health care
system in the world.

TMT

Walmart John Normile Metalworking 84 February 22nd 06 06:59 AM
Walmart Steve B Metalworking 4 January 23rd 06 04:12 PM
Walmart Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 3 January 20th 06 11:50 PM
Walmart Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 3 January 20th 06 07:37 PM
Walmart Mike Berger Metalworking 0 January 19th 06 07:49 PM