Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Theory of Adhesives?

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:54:49 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

For example, in the .030 SS/Alum I will place over 1/2" ply, I would like to
be able to just roll on some suitable adhesive over the full 4x6 area, and
press them together, proly via weight plates.
What would good choices be? How thick?

Put AL on both sides of the plywood and use rivets through the entire
assembly to hold it.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

For example, in the .030 SS/Alum I will place over 1/2" ply, I would like
be able to just roll on some suitable adhesive over the full 4x6 area, and
press them together, proly via weight plates.
What would good choices be? How thick?

Put AL on both sides of the plywood and use rivets through the entire
assembly to hold it.

Screws + glue is always a good way to go, but not marring the surface is
somewhat of a priority here.
If I had to use a fastener, it would be with a c-sunk FH screw, and then
mebbe epoxy over the head -- already a bit of drama.

However, double-clad alum indeed has its own utility, from a variety of
perspectives. Unfortunately, cost is not one of them!
--
EA

Dave

Theory of Adhesives? Existential Angst[_2_] Woodworking 34 July 12th 11 09:37 PM
best adhesives Chris Miller Home Repair 4 March 25th 08 02:38 AM
adhesives FAQ Dave Fawthrop UK diy 7 August 19th 06 12:04 PM
Adhesives Cicero UK diy 0 July 17th 06 09:58 AM
Adhesives question Ledz Woodworking 12 October 9th 05 05:42 PM