Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Not such a bad auction/factory visit

Items and prices listed he

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/premier/

The infamous Quincy compressor is supposed to be working, they
replaced it with a screw compressor.

I also got for cash (items not pictured):

1) Two Simplex house jacks, 5 and 10 ton, $15

2) 500 lbs (sic) tool balancer by C/M, $30

3) 50 lbs of huge drill bits and half dozen morse tapered drill chucks
(Jacobs 16N, Albrecht etc), and two pro****er tapping heads, $40

4) Neat cross slide and four casters, $5
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Oh, and http://goo.gl/vMJek with 1.5" square shanks, will fit
perfectly into my Enco turret on my Clausing lathe.

#211 is called a railroad jack. Haven't seen
one since I was a kid and my dad 'borrowed'
one from the CMSP&P.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

#211 is called a railroad jack. Haven't seen one since I was a kid
and my dad 'borrowed' one from the CMSP&P.

It is is still at the weight that I can handle, but not easily.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

#211 is called a railroad jack. Haven't seen one since I was a kid
and my dad 'borrowed' one from the CMSP&P.

It is is still at the weight that I can handle, but not easily.

There are two types of railroad jacks, the one you don't want is a
track jack. It is made to drop the rail when the catch is released. Not
good if you are jacking up a machine. Good if you are jacking out rails
and want a quick drop release.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:07:52 -0500, Ignoramus3276
wrote:

Items and prices listed he

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/premier/

The infamous Quincy compressor is supposed to be working, they
replaced it with a screw compressor.

I also got for cash (items not pictured):

1) Two Simplex house jacks, 5 and 10 ton, $15

2) 500 lbs (sic) tool balancer by C/M, $30

3) 50 lbs of huge drill bits and half dozen morse tapered drill chucks
(Jacobs 16N, Albrecht etc), and two pro****er tapping heads, $40

4) Neat cross slide and four casters, $5

If you're willing to trade for other tools or instruments, I'd be
interested in MT3 & MT4 drills and MT4 & MT5 centers.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

#211 is called a railroad jack. Haven't seen one since I was a kid
and my dad 'borrowed' one from the CMSP&P.

It is is still at the weight that I can handle, but not easily.

There are two types of railroad jacks, the one you don't want is a
track jack. It is made to drop the rail when the catch is released. Not
good if you are jacking up a machine. Good if you are jacking out rails
and want a quick drop release.

John

I will check. I think that the two smaller jacks work fine, and the
biggest seems to be misbehaving. It goes up just fine, but does not go
down as well. It does go down, but stops doing so before reaching the
bottom position.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Items and prices listed he

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/premier/

The infamous Quincy compressor is supposed to be working, they
replaced it with a screw compressor.

I also got for cash (items not pictured):

1) Two Simplex house jacks, 5 and 10 ton, $15

2) 500 lbs (sic) tool balancer by C/M, $30

3) 50 lbs of huge drill bits and half dozen morse tapered drill chucks
(Jacobs 16N, Albrecht etc), and two pro****er tapping heads, $40

4) Neat cross slide and four casters, $5

If you're willing to trade for other tools or instruments, I'd be
interested in MT3 & MT4 drills and MT4 & MT5 centers.

A trade seems very complicated.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus3276 fired this volley in
:

A trade seems very complicated.

It's always simplified by trading specie or currency.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-07, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Ignoramus3276 fired this volley in
:

A trade seems very complicated.

It's always simplified by trading specie or currency.

Currency would work pretty well.

#211 is called a railroad jack. Haven't seen
one since I was a kid and my dad 'borrowed'
one from the CMSP&P.

I have (4) of them "Simplex" and use them nearly every week..or a
couple times a month at least

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:40:16 -0500, Ignoramus3276

On 2011-07-06, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:07:52 -0500, Ignoramus3276

If you're willing to trade for other tools or instruments, I'd be
interested in MT3 & MT4 drills and MT4 & MT5 centers.

A trade seems very complicated.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than you show me yours
(centers, drills); I show you mine (carbide turning/milling inserts &
matching cartridges, 100 blade packs of Lenox hacksaw blades, metric
mics, 4" travel Starret dial indicator, Mit digital mic head,
microscopes...)

By far the most complicated transaction I've made here was for cash
with one of the regulars. It took 7 years to get paid. (OK, twist my
arm, it was Gunner.)

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-06, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:07:52 -0500, Ignoramus3276

If you're willing to trade for other tools or instruments, I'd be
interested in MT3 & MT4 drills and MT4 & MT5 centers.

A trade seems very complicated.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than you show me yours
(centers, drills); I show you mine (carbide turning/milling inserts &
matching cartridges, 100 blade packs of Lenox hacksaw blades, metric
mics, 4" travel Starret dial indicator, Mit digital mic head,
microscopes...)

By far the most complicated transaction I've made here was for cash
with one of the regulars. It took 7 years to get paid. (OK, twist my
arm, it was Gunner.)

--
Ned Simmons

LAUGH..LAUGH..LAUGH...

Not laughing at the difficulty you had....just the person it
involved. ;)

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-06, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:07:52 -0500, Ignoramus3276

If you're willing to trade for other tools or instruments, I'd be
interested in MT3 & MT4 drills and MT4 & MT5 centers.

A trade seems very complicated.

It doesn't have to be more complicated than you show me yours
(centers, drills); I show you mine (carbide turning/milling inserts &
matching cartridges, 100 blade packs of Lenox hacksaw blades, metric
mics, 4" travel Starret dial indicator, Mit digital mic head,
microscopes...)

By far the most complicated transaction I've made here was for cash
with one of the regulars. It took 7 years to get paid. (OK, twist my
arm, it was Gunner.)

??????

Huh??

What the hell did I buy from you?? And when???

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.