Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus3276 Ignoramus3276 is offline

Default Not such a bad auction/factory visit

On 2011-07-06, Jim wrote:
Ignoramus3276 wrote:
Items and prices listed he

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/premier/

The infamous Quincy compressor is supposed to be working, they
replaced it with a screw compressor.

I also got for cash (items not pictured):

1) Two Simplex house jacks, 5 and 10 ton, $15

2) 500 lbs (sic) tool balancer by C/M, $30

3) 50 lbs of huge drill bits and half dozen morse tapered drill chucks
(Jacobs 16N, Albrecht etc), and two pro****er tapping heads, $40

4) Neat cross slide and four casters, $5

#211 is called a railroad jack. Haven't seen one since I was a kid
and my dad 'borrowed' one from the CMSP&P.

It is is still at the weight that I can handle, but not easily.

There are two types of railroad jacks, the one you don't want is a
track jack. It is made to drop the rail when the catch is released. Not
good if you are jacking up a machine. Good if you are jacking out rails
and want a quick drop release.

John

I will check. I think that the two smaller jacks work fine, and the
biggest seems to be misbehaving. It goes up just fine, but does not go
down as well. It does go down, but stops doing so before reaching the
bottom position.