Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT driver trouble

My new 'puter is 64 bit W7.

I just learned the camsoft.dll for VB6 is only good for 32 bit OS.
Their tech. support tells me the OS can switch to 32 bit. I'm not
seeing how. This HP 'puter came with OS installed and no media.

It looks to me like I'd need to reinstall and select 32 bit. Correct?
Should I look to getting another hard drive and setting up multiboot.
If i can borrow or steal a CD can I install with my COA product
number.

Other suggestions welcome.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:29:42 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

My new 'puter is 64 bit W7.

I just learned the camsoft.dll for VB6 is only good for 32 bit OS.
Their tech. support tells me the OS can switch to 32 bit. I'm not
seeing how. This HP 'puter came with OS installed and no media.

It looks to me like I'd need to reinstall and select 32 bit. Correct?
Should I look to getting another hard drive and setting up multiboot.
If i can borrow or steal a CD can I install with my COA product
number.

Other suggestions welcome.

Karl

Not running Win 7 so I'm just guessing.
is there a 32 bit compatibility mode?
If not check this out it might work.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend presented the following explanation :
My new 'puter is 64 bit W7.

I just learned the camsoft.dll for VB6 is only good for 32 bit OS.
Their tech. support tells me the OS can switch to 32 bit. I'm not
seeing how. This HP 'puter came with OS installed and no media.

It looks to me like I'd need to reinstall and select 32 bit. Correct?
Should I look to getting another hard drive and setting up multiboot.
If i can borrow or steal a CD can I install with my COA product
number.

Other suggestions welcome.

Karl

If you have W7 Professional or higher, there is an XP mode you can use.
If XP mode isn't already on the computer it can be downloaded from
Microsoft.
You'd have to install your program in the XP mode. You can launch it
from W7. I do believe it will run slower though. I had one program
I needed to run in the XP mode. Also MS changed the formatting in
Wordpad between XP & W7. I had some docs I had to keep the same between
computers, so the Wordpad got used also.

Otherwise VMWare and Sun Microsystems have emulators as well.
After starting the emulator, you'd install XP, then your program.
I haven't played with any of these, but I did see a video of them
installing from 3.1 to W7 on VMware to see how much of your settings
are retained.

Wayne D.