Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Surprise !

also posted to sejw
Several years ago I bought a Lincoln 225 Tombstone from a friend . Today I
finally got around to powering it up ... and it works . That's not the
surprise part , because I fullly expected it to work .
What surprised me was that after like 40+ years since I held a stinger I
can run a halfway decent bead . I ran down to Lowes earlier to pick up some
6011 and 6013 in 1/8" , I already had some 7018 .
6011 at 75 and 90 amps left a pretty decent bead , though a little flat .
Couldn't get it to strike at 60 amps , it just wanted to stick . I'm welding
on a piece of 1/4" scrap .
6013 was a little easier to get a decent bead with , ran it at 75/90/105 .
Amperage made a definite difference in bead profle . I did both flat surface
and corner with both rods , and never even opened the 7018 . I'll save that
for another day .
Up til now I've relied on the little 110v Lincoln Weldpak 100 . But there
have been times lately when a little more power would have been nice ... and
now I have it !
--
Snag
Learning keeps

What a surprise... The Medway Handyman UK diy 29 February 17th 09 08:26 PM
OT-Taxpayer Surprise. azotic Metalworking 186 July 26th 08 07:54 PM
October surprise Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 May 12th 08 03:01 AM
October surprise aspasia Home Repair 7 October 24th 06 02:37 PM
Surprise. Very, very rare konan_909 Home Repair 0 October 1st 06 11:26 AM