Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Surprise !

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:50:07 -0500, "Snag"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:30:10 -0500, "Snag"
wrote:

also posted to sejw
Several years ago I bought a Lincoln 225 Tombstone from a friend .

Up til now I've relied on the little 110v Lincoln Weldpak 100 .
But there have been times lately when a little more power would
have been nice ... and now I have it !
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Ive got one of t hose little Lincolns..and for certain things..they
certainly are damned hard to beat. But they just dont do rough work
very well, or thicker materials. 1/4" is about where I start
reaching for one of the bigger machines if Im not at the welding
table

https://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/WeldingStuff#

Gunner

I was having penetration problems with the 110 unit welding 11ga 1"
square using .025 ER70S6/CO2 . .035 flux core was better, but still
not optimum ... next AC cage I'll try the stick machine .
A 220v MIG machine would be nice , but that just ain't in the
budget for now .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

. Use a tank of helium as your gas...nearly doubles the heat. Oh
****..you dont have the gas option installed..do you...bummer.

Actually yes I do have the gas solenoid , a tank of CO2 and one of C25 .

Where do you live? I might be able to find you a bigger mig...
Might be cheap......

Gunner

I'm in Memphis Tn , and while you may have a machine I can afford ,
shipping would kill me .

--
Snag
Learning keeps