Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need screw

I am looking for a large quantity of 8 x 1" #2 tip unslotted self drilling
5/16 head screws with neoprene washer. I had a bunch of them, but have used
them all in recent awning projects.

Does anyone have a bunch of these they want to sell?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Me too..... Need screw

"Steve B" wrote in message
I am looking for a large quantity of 8 x 1" #2 tip unslotted self drilling
5/16 head screws with neoprene washer. I had a bunch of them, but have
used them all in recent awning projects.

Does anyone have a bunch of these they want to sell?

Woudl small o-rings w/ a regular screw should work?
I use small o-rings on 1/4-20 long screws in fixtures to keep washers up, in
tight spaces.
--
EA

Steve

#8 seems to be a bit smaller than I recall seeing, but the rest is pretty
common. Even the box stores carry them in various size boxes. Usually a
better price than outfits like Copperstate Bolt. I buy a lot of the size
14s for mounting cameras to steel buildings on the side purlins.

#8 seems to be a bit smaller than I recall seeing, but the rest is pretty
common. Even the box stores carry them in various size boxes. Usually a
better price than outfits like Copperstate Bolt. I buy a lot of the size
14s for mounting cameras to steel buildings on the side purlins.

Wasn't sure of the size. That is the use I need them for. I had a bunch,
and used them all. Do you know where one can get the "bottle" screws? That
one has the threads that bell out, and is meant for stitching two sheets of
metal together. If one tries to put them through a purlin, they hit the
blossomed out threads, and will snap off. I need a bunch of those, too.

Do you know the name of that screw? I used to use a lot of them when I had
a carport business, and they are great for doing trim, as they won't go
through the first piece until it drills through the second, then all at once
brings them together.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide

#8 seems to be a bit smaller than I recall seeing, but the rest is pretty
[...]

Tek

http://www.google.com/search?source=...i=g10&aql=&oq=