Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Screw it

Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Jan 25, 11:18*am, William Munny wrote:
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?

cover screws for a trough that had fire alarm wiring in it? just a
guess

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

"William Munny" wrote in message
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?

Electronics maybe?

Posted to alt.home.repair

The concrete screws I've seen were blue. But, who can
tell....

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in
message
William Munny wrote:
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head
self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color.
What's that all
about?

Could be for concrete.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:16:38 -0500, Van Chocstraw
wrote:

William Munny wrote:
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?

Could be for concrete.

Could be red screws rolled out of the truck floor, near the
construction site.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

William Munny wrote:
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?

Could be for concrete.

Could be red screws rolled out of the truck floor, near the
construction site.

I think the poster who said 'alarm system' nailed it. They just
refreshed the system at work, and all the enclosures and large conduit
runs are fire engine red. Including the screws holding the strapping and
mounting brackets.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

William Munny wrote:
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?

Any red steel roofs around there? Although they would normally have a
rubber washer on them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

William Munny wrote:
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?

Sometimes the screws on a garage door pertaining to spring pressure will
be red.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
William Munny wrote:
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet
metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all
about?

Sometimes the screws on a garage door pertaining to spring pressure will
be red.

Red screws in general are a sign of danger in millions of products for
many years. I know of them being used back around 1953, not sure how
much further back the practice goes. If you need to take something
apart, remove all but the red screws first and see if it comes apart far
enough without springs and things flying across the room.

Screw extractor for brass 10x32 screw Louis Ohland Metalworking 3 December 2nd 09 11:14 PM
9/32 x 20 screw Karl Townsend[_2_] Metalworking 18 May 20th 09 01:12 PM
Genie Garage Door Opener screw drive - Screw coming apart timwilson Home Repair 3 June 24th 07 03:53 AM
Need A Screw [email protected] UK diy 17 December 21st 04 01:12 PM
Screw Making: Making a rounded edge on the screw tip George Sohnle Metalworking 6 October 30th 03 06:36 PM