Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sorta OT, what can I do with this?

On Fri, 27 May 2011 12:47:18 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

LCD in my Sony pocket cam died. Discovered I could get a replacement on
ebay cheap, did so, and it's now working again.

Being the tinkerer I am, I took the old LCD apart just to see what it
looked like. No idea why the LCD portion wasn't working anymore, but
pondered the backlight screen a bit. Applied 3.6 volts as I just
happened to have a 3 cell AAA holder, and it lights up real bright!
So I'm wondering just what I might do with this. Seems a shame to toss
it. I'd stick with what I assume would be the 2.4 volts provided by the
camera's 2 cells and put it all in some sort of simple case. Just need a
purpose to put this on the to-do list...

Jon

Flat low intensity flashlight?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

LCD in my Sony pocket cam died. Discovered I could get a replacement on
ebay cheap, did so, and it's now working again.

Being the tinkerer I am, I took the old LCD apart just to see what it
looked like. No idea why the LCD portion wasn't working anymore, but
pondered the backlight screen a bit. Applied 3.6 volts as I just
happened to have a 3 cell AAA holder, and it lights up real bright!
So I'm wondering just what I might do with this. Seems a shame to toss
it. I'd stick with what I assume would be the 2.4 volts provided by the
camera's 2 cells and put it all in some sort of simple case. Just need a
purpose to put this on the to-do list...

Jon

Flat low intensity flashlight?

If it's like my cell phone screens it won't be enough to read by, but
it'll let you walk around at night without stumbling and without killing
your night vision too much.

You need a red version...

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
LCD in my Sony pocket cam died. Discovered I could get a replacement on
ebay cheap, did so, and it's now working again.

Being the tinkerer I am, I took the old LCD apart just to see what it
looked like. No idea why the LCD portion wasn't working anymore, but
pondered the backlight screen a bit. Applied 3.6 volts as I just happened
to have a 3 cell AAA holder, and it lights up real bright!
So I'm wondering just what I might do with this. Seems a shame to toss it.
I'd stick with what I assume would be the 2.4 volts provided by the
camera's 2 cells and put it all in some sort of simple case. Just need a
purpose to put this on the to-do list...

Jon

You know that commercial with the beer app where real beer pours out of a
smart phone? Make a whiskey flask in the shape of an i-phone and attach
this backlight with a transparency of a little whisky bottle.

OT Sorta Maybe, maybe not Leon Woodworking 19 July 20th 08 07:55 PM
On Topic - Sorta... Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 4 February 17th 06 01:30 PM
Putting in a Window (sorta OT, but only sorta) FunkySpaceCowboy Woodworking 0 November 15th 05 03:58 PM
Sorta OT Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 2 March 28th 05 08:07 PM
OT Sorta... Joe Woodworking 0 February 1st 05 11:29 PM