Edwin Pawlowski

Default Sorta OT

"3rd eye" wrote in message

I was outside when it happened. The guy doing the brick hit a fire
sprinkler pipe. The fire alarm went off water spewing everywhere.

I ddn't get a good look at what pipe was used- (I grabbed my tools &
left) Sadly this apparently passed code. It could have been just as
easily been a homeowner hanging a heavy picture.

For you homeowners out there- this kind of damage is usually optional
coverage, Consider it!

And if you are a small contractor out the without insurance GET IT!

Not really off topic, but just a caution that it CAN happen to you. Pipes,
wires, ducts, central vac, lots of thing hiding in the walls.

Goedjn

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:11:15 GMT, 3rd eye
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:19:07 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"3rd eye" wrote in message

I was outside when it happened. The guy doing the brick hit a fire
sprinkler pipe. The fire alarm went off water spewing everywhere.

I ddn't get a good look at what pipe was used- (I grabbed my tools &
left) Sadly this apparently passed code. It could have been just as
easily been a homeowner hanging a heavy picture.

For you homeowners out there- this kind of damage is usually optional
coverage, Consider it!

And if you are a small contractor out the without insurance GET IT!

Not really off topic, but just a caution that it CAN happen to you. Pipes,
wires, ducts, central vac, lots of thing hiding in the walls.

30 years in construction & related trades.
Never seen anything like it.

It was devastating..

nospambob

While I was on travel our son thought he'd do me a favor and hang the
cabinet above the water softener in the garage. One of the nails he
used nicked the copper pipe causing a slow dripping leak inside the
wall. About bedtime he and my wife strained to hear the drips and
called one of the guys I worked with. Came over and opened the wall
and soldered a copper patch stopping the leak and it's still there. I
replaced that cabinet with a better unit later. Sure can happen!