Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A collapsable, easily-portable target frame

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:
http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Cool!

You are gonna have fun testing that!

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Is that a hole I see in one of the 1x2s? Oops! You're not following
through!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 May 2011 02:15:11 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Is that a hole I see in one of the 1x2s? Oops! You're not following
through!

It is, made by a guest. I used those sticks last year with stakes I
pounded into the ground. Hardscrabble ground, I'm gonna like this
setup a lot better.

I haven't missed COM by that much for several years, Tom, neither at
25 yards or with point 'n shoot rapidfire getitdoneNOW doubletaps not
using sights at all. GMAFB!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 10 May 2011 23:03:15 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Do you think that might work at a farm in central MN, say Dassel? How
about Friday? You probably would have to stay for fresh picked
asparagus with yellow tail snapper followed by apple pie.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:
http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

What happens when the wind blows from behind the target (or do the hinge
legs extend forward as well)?

In any case, I like it. I stopped using the last one I made, which used
T-posts and routed 2x2s extending up. I got tired of carrying that and the
sledgehammer, but mainly I didn't want to be shooting at T-posts.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

I would think it should have some forward legs as well so a bit of wind
doesn't tip it over in the forward direction.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 May 2011 05:49:41 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:
http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

What happens when the wind blows from behind the target (or do the hinge
legs extend forward as well)?

In any case, I like it. I stopped using the last one I made, which used
T-posts and routed 2x2s extending up. I got tired of carrying that and the
sledgehammer, but mainly I didn't want to be shooting at T-posts.

Jon

The legs do extend forward a bit, so the center of gravity is somewhat
behind the target. If it's very windy, I can always put a rock on the
back. I might toss a sandbag in the trunk for that eventuality.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 11 May 2011 09:31:06 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

I would think it should have some forward legs as well so a bit of wind
doesn't tip it over in the forward direction.

It has that. TBD if it's enough. Maybe I can get a local politician
to stand on the hinge...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Do you think that might work at a farm in central MN, say Dassel? How
about Friday? You probably would have to stay for fresh picked
asparagus with yellow tail snapper followed by apple pie.

Karl

Gunsmoke, aspergrass, yellowtail and apple pie, how could I resist?
What time?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 May 2011 02:15:11 -0400, "Tom Gardner" w@w wrote:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
. ..
http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Is that a hole I see in one of the 1x2s? Oops! You're not
following
through!

It is, made by a guest. I used those sticks last year with stakes I
pounded into the ground. Hardscrabble ground, I'm gonna like this
setup a lot better.

I haven't missed COM by that much for several years, Tom, neither at
25 yards or with point 'n shoot rapidfire getitdoneNOW doubletaps
not
using sights at all. GMAFB!

I did save the pictures, I especially love the clamps. This summer
I'll be doing some outdoor rifle at a range I finally got invited to
and I may make one of your stands. I get to dust-off my .223s and I
haven't loaded for them in many years. I've got to limit my indoor
range use, my blood/lead level has bumped up quite a bit. I'm told
it's probably from primer fumes but I'll be extra-special careful in
all my casting, loading and shooting. I'm over 1k pistol rounds per
month. I even ordered some jacketed bullets...how sacrilegious!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Nice and on topic! Metal rods are likely heavy enough to keep wind from toppling your
target.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

Do you think that might work at a farm in central MN, say Dassel? How
about Friday? You probably would have to stay for fresh picked
asparagus with yellow tail snapper followed by apple pie.

Karl

Gunsmoke, aspergrass, yellowtail and apple pie, how could I resist?
What time?

Sounds great, but I think he's gonna introduce you to an Asian woman.
He said "yellow tailed snapper", right?

(sorry, de debil made me do it)

P.S: I just wish aspergrass didn't smell so bad on the way out.

--
Woe be to him that reads but one book.
-- George Herbert
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

P.S: I just wish aspergrass didn't smell so bad on the way out.

TMI-TMI-TMI

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

http://members.goldengate.net/dforeman/target_frame/

VERY NICE!!

Ill be making up several sets of those soon!

Thanks!!!!

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:
The legs do extend forward a bit, so the center of gravity is somewhat
behind the target. If it's very windy, I can always put a rock on the
back. I might toss a sandbag in the trunk for that eventuality.

I like the idea of a rock, or even a piece of log, as those are always
nearby.

Looks like I've got a new project now, building a Foreman Target Stand ®.

Jon

Collapsable ladders MiamiCuse Home Repair 18 December 3rd 08 06:21 AM
FIELD TARGET J T Woodworking 0 June 21st 07 07:17 PM
collapsable poly and pvc paint booth. where did I see it? Mike in Arkansas Woodworking 5 January 26th 07 07:15 PM
PORTABLE WOOD FRAME BED - PDF J T Woodworking 0 November 16th 06 06:03 AM
PORTABLE WOOD FRAME BED - PDF J T Woodworking 0 August 26th 05 12:07 AM