Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

Christopher Tidy wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
In , on Mon, 09 May
2011
05:36:10 -0400, Wes, wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was
responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

NOPE

Bin Laden was convicted in absentia.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/11/2011 2:14 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Steve wrote in message
, on Mon, 09 May
2011
05:36:10 -0400, Wes, wrote:
Christopher wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was
responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

NOPE

Bin Laden was convicted in absentia.

Not only that; we are supposedly at war with him and al Qaeda. We know
he was at war with us. We have his declaration of war against us on
video. So it's a wartime situation and that is far different from
normal. Pretty much all bets are off when two sides are officially at
war, which we were, are. So Bin Laden had no kick coming from being shot
down on sight.

Even so, we had the drop on the guy and he didn't have a chance to do
anything. Instead of doing the humane thing and taking him prisoner we
just shot the guy to death. And that does seem a hell of a lot like just
plain revenge. We had a choice. I think we might have been a lot better
off with him in custody rather than dead. As the saying goes, dead men
tell no tales. Nothing more will ever be learned from Bin Laden. I'm not
sure that's such a good thing.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have to agree with you n that one except it was simple and no
complications for any hidden American lies would be exposed.

We'll see if the revenge thing increases. Much of the world hate American
due to just what they did to OBL, lies and meddling in other cultures.
"The whole world has to be just like me"

-----------------------
"Hawke" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals
deny simple obvious facts and spin BS.

RogerN

With all due respect, Roger, you wouldn't recognize a centrist if he walked
up and bit you in the butt. But not to worry, I'm not into that sort of
thing. d8-)

Just because I don't want to machine-gun Mexicans as they cross the border
or push Grandma out to sea on a warm day while she sits on a cake of ice
doesn't mean I'm liberal.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I didn't say you were a liberal, just that your answer seemed to describe
liberals. The majority of liberals on here seem pretty cool, at least many
believe in the 2nd ammendment. Iggy and Hawke seem seem sensible but TMT
probably would want someone to have a FOID to buy a caulk gun and require it
be stored in a safe and carried unloaded in a case.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/11/2011 4:46 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
m...
"Ed wrote in message

[...]

Maybe, but the fact that you seem to be a decent person with some morals
disqualifies you from being a true republican. Like, how much are you
like Newt Gingrich? He's a republican. Are you really one of them? So
maybe you're more of a liberal than you think you are.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals
deny simple obvious facts and spin BS.

Who in the **** died and left you in charge of defining what the word
"Liberals" means ?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals
deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

Liberals have taught me that over the years. Not all liberals, some having
their way would confiscate your mill because you mentioned making a receiver
for a gun with it. I'm tired of them(some liberals) caring about someone on
death row, because they might be innocent, and not caring about known
innocent people being punished on purpose because of the laws they are
responsible for.

As far as church, I haven't been but about one time in the last 7 or 8
years.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

You just can't get past that "The love of money is the root of all
evil" can you?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-11, wrote:
"Ed wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

I say amen to that!

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5/11/2011 2:04 PM, Steve Ackman wrote:
, on Mon, 09 May 2011
05:36:10 -0400, Wes, wrote:
Christopher wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial.

You are confusing law and justice. There is often little connection
between the two.
Think back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

Terrorists are not war criminals, if they are captured they are not
POWs, according to the Geneva Accords. They are more similar to pirates
as far as what treatment they can be given, i.e., the capturing
authority can do what they feel is necessary, including execution with
or without trial.

When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

It would only be murder if it were illegal.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 11, 10:29*pm, "David R. Birch" wrote:

* *When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

It would only be murder if it were illegal.

David

I am not familiar with Pakistan law, but strongly suspect that the
killing of OBL was murder.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve Ackman wrote:

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

Nuernberg was post surrender. We are still at war with Al Queida so Bin Lauden was a
combatant. Hopefully we used FMJ instead of hollow points.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-05-13, Wes wrote:
Steve Ackman wrote:

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

Nuernberg was post surrender. We are still at war with Al Queida so Bin Lauden was a
combatant. Hopefully we used FMJ instead of hollow points.

I do not, personally, have a problem with having Bin Laden killed
during capture. If he wanted to be captured and not killed, he could
always walk into a US embassy, and then he would get a fair trial.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Maybe he didn't understand English and didn't know how to respond and they
shot him for not responding.

Imagine a USanian not understanding somebody might speak another language
than they do.

--------------------
"Ignoramus9116" wrote in message
I do not, personally, have a problem with having Bin Laden killed
during capture. If he wanted to be captured and not killed, he could
always walk into a US embassy, and then he would get a fair trial.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Josepi wrote:

Maybe he didn't understand English and didn't know how to respond and they
shot him for not responding.

Imagine a USanian not understanding somebody might speak another language
than they do.

Talk about trolling...

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

OK. Let talk about trolling since you seem to be really experienced with it.

I don't know how you slip out of my bozo bin so many times. Two insults are
my tolerance and then back they go.

For a start look at the anger in your signature line. It wreaks of hatred
for everybody.

Wanna' talk some more?

---------------
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...
Talk about trolling...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 May 2011 07:02:26 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Josepi wrote:

Maybe he didn't understand English and didn't know how to respond and they
shot him for not responding.

Imagine a USanian not understanding somebody might speak another language
than they do.

Talk about trolling...

Perhaps, in this instance, but "Dumb S--T, doesn't even speak English"
is heard, with sickening frequency, from Americans vacationing in
foreign countries.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

siowejrnjkzsenf iosehjrjszenfjzsen fsehfsk sd

BANG!!!!!
(After the UN troops invade USA)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Josepi" wrote in message
Maybe he didn't understand English and didn't know how to
respond and they
shot him for not responding.

Imagine a USanian not understanding somebody might speak
another language
than they do.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I hear yah, soft or hollow points would be inhumane, right?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message

We are still at war with Al Queida so Bin Lauden was a
combatant. Hopefully we used FMJ instead of hollow points.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/13/2011 08:55 AM, Steve Ackman wrote:

If Pakistan elite forces came over and killed Obama,
would that be "justice" for the countless innocent
civilians he killed in drone attacks, or would it be
murder?

If it ever happens, I'll be out of touch for about
a week. I'm sure I can party that long...

technomaNge
--
Pray for Obama
Psalm 109.8
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/13/2011 08:55 AM, Steve Ackman wrote:

If Pakistan elite forces came over and killed Obama,
would that be "justice" for the countless innocent
civilians he killed in drone attacks, or would it be
murder?

No, I'd say that would be "justice" in that Barry was reaping what he had
sown.

Perhaps even deja vu from Rev. Wright's "American's chickens have come home
to roost" statement.

And payback for causing heartache and hardship to so many Americans.

Karma is a bitch, ain't it?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 May 2011 06:55:08 -0700, Steve Ackman
wrote:

If Pakistan elite forces came over and killed Obama,
would that be "justice" for the countless innocent
civilians he killed in drone attacks, or would it be
murder?

Using the Obamassiah was a very very poor choice....really it was...

VBG

Gunner

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

If Pakistan elite forces came over and killed Obama,
would that be "justice" for the countless innocent
civilians he killed in drone attacks, or would it be
murder?

Using the Obamassiah was a very very poor choice....really it was...

VBG

Gunner

--

Ok, TMT was right, Obama should get all the credit for the death of Osama.

So if you know any terrorists let them know Obama killed OBL.
:-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m...
wrote:

If Pakistan elite forces came over and killed Obama,
would that be "justice" for the countless innocent
civilians he killed in drone attacks, or would it be
murder?

Using the Obamassiah was a very very poor choice....really it was...

VBG

Gunner

--

Ok, TMT was right, Obama should get all the credit for the death of Osama.

So if you know any terrorists let them know Obama killed OBL.
:-)

Then I'd take them out for some free pulled pork sandwiches.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The last Pres had OBL's family over for dinner during 9-11

m...