DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/322911-re-ot-when-terrorist-dies-ok-gloat.html)

Wes[_5_] May 9th 11 10:36 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

Christopher Tidy wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Wes

PrecisionmachinisT May 11th 11 10:14 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
In , on Mon, 09 May
2011
05:36:10 -0400, Wes, wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was
responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

NOPE

Bin Laden was convicted in absentia.

Ed Huntress May 12th 11 12:05 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
wrote:

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was
responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

NOPE

Bin Laden was convicted in absentia.

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic mumbo-jumbo
and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact about what it
is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

RogerN May 12th 11 12:22 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

RogerN

Ed Huntress May 12th 11 12:46 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals
deny simple obvious facts and spin BS.

RogerN

With all due respect, Roger, you wouldn't recognize a centrist if he walked
up and bit you in the butt. But not to worry, I'm not into that sort of
thing. d8-)

Just because I don't want to machine-gun Mexicans as they cross the border
or push Grandma out to sea on a warm day while she sits on a cake of ice
doesn't mean I'm liberal.

--
Ed Huntress

PrecisionmachinisT May 12th 11 01:00 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals
deny simple obvious facts and spin BS.

Who in the **** died and left you in charge of defining what the word
"Liberals" means ?

Ignoramus30246 May 12th 11 01:04 AM

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

RogerN May 12th 11 03:18 AM

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals
deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

Liberals have taught me that over the years. Not all liberals, some having
their way would confiscate your mill because you mentioned making a receiver
for a gun with it. I'm tired of them(some liberals) caring about someone on
death row, because they might be innocent, and not caring about known
innocent people being punished on purpose because of the laws they are
responsible for.

As far as church, I haven't been but about one time in the last 7 or 8
years.

RogerN

RogerN May 12th 11 03:26 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I didn't say you were a liberal, just that your answer seemed to describe
liberals. The majority of liberals on here seem pretty cool, at least many
believe in the 2nd ammendment. Iggy and Hawke seem seem sensible but TMT
probably would want someone to have a FOID to buy a caulk gun and require it
be stored in a safe and carried unloaded in a case.

RogerN

RogerN May 12th 11 03:27 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:JPudnZtnAeiPvlbQnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

--
Ed Huntress

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals
deny simple obvious facts and spin BS.

Who in the **** died and left you in charge of defining what the word
"Liberals" means ?

--

Osama!

RogerN

David R. Birch May 12th 11 03:29 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

On 5/11/2011 2:04 PM, Steve Ackman wrote:
, on Mon, 09 May 2011
05:36:10 -0400, Wes, wrote:
Christopher wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial.

You are confusing law and justice. There is often little connection
between the two.
Think back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

Terrorists are not war criminals, if they are captured they are not
POWs, according to the Geneva Accords. They are more similar to pirates
as far as what treatment they can be given, i.e., the capturing
authority can do what they feel is necessary, including execution with
or without trial.

When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

It would only be murder if it were illegal.

David

Michael A. Terrell May 12th 11 06:42 AM

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

You just can't get past that "The love of money is the root of all
evil" can you?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

[email protected] May 12th 11 01:17 PM

On May 11, 10:29*pm, "David R. Birch" wrote:

* *When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

It would only be murder if it were illegal.

David

I am not familiar with Pakistan law, but strongly suspect that the
killing of OBL was murder.

Dan

Ignoramus9116 May 12th 11 02:03 PM

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

You just can't get past that "The love of money is the root of all
evil" can you?

What are you trying to say?

Michael A. Terrell May 12th 11 09:46 PM

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Isn't it obvious? You've stated that you wanted to be one of the 100
richest.

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 12th 11 11:41 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

On Thu, 12 May 2011 08:03:55 -0500, Ignoramus9116

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

I thought organized religion was the root of all evil.

--
Woe be to him that reads but one book.
-- George Herbert

Ignoramus9116 May 13th 11 01:45 AM

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

And what exactly are you trying to say by that?

PrecisionmachinisT May 13th 11 02:12 AM

On 2011-05-12, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

You just can't get past that "The love of money is the root of all
evil" can you?

What are you trying to say?

Isn't it obvious? You've stated that you wanted to be one of the 100
richest.

And what exactly are you trying to say by that?

He's not trying to "say" anything at all...

--Rather, he is "trying" to get you to waste your time in replying to his
mindless trolling..

And he's apparently succeeding...

Wes[_5_] May 13th 11 03:16 AM

Steve Ackman wrote:

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

Nuernberg was post surrender. We are still at war with Al Queida so Bin Lauden was a
combatant. Hopefully we used FMJ instead of hollow points. ;)

Wes

RogerN May 13th 11 03:17 AM

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

I can guess me might be trying to say something like "What does it profit a
man to gain the world and lose his own soul".

If you achieve your goal, then what?

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised to find out what Jesus is really all
about. Jesus' main problem was with the religious people, there is a
problem and a solution. It has been 39 years since I was "born again" and
I'm still learning. When one is "born again" they have a new nature but
unfortunately their old nature is still there, this is why they are two
faced. The new nature wants to do God's will, the old sinful nature is
still there though. Christians aren't good people, they are such a hopeless
mess that they can only be saved by faith in Christ. A Christian is someone
that realizes they are a hopeless case and they need a savior.

RogerN

Ignoramus9116 May 13th 11 03:27 AM

On 2011-05-13, Wes wrote:
Steve Ackman wrote:

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

Nuernberg was post surrender. We are still at war with Al Queida so Bin Lauden was a
combatant. Hopefully we used FMJ instead of hollow points. ;)

I do not, personally, have a problem with having Bin Laden killed
during capture. If he wanted to be captured and not killed, he could
always walk into a US embassy, and then he would get a fair trial.

Ignoramus9116 May 13th 11 03:28 AM

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Roger, I am not religious, I tried very hard to "get it", and
eventually realized that religion is all about FUD and spreading
confusion. So I gave up on it.

Despite this, I try to generally live a relatively ethical life, do
not cheat on my spouse or anything of the sort.

Josepi[_20_] May 13th 11 03:32 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

Define "Cheating".

Josepi[_20_] May 13th 11 03:34 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

Maybe he didn't understand English and didn't know how to respond and they
shot him for not responding.

Imagine a USanian not understanding somebody might speak another language
than they do.

--------------------

Hawke[_3_] May 13th 11 06:26 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

On 5/11/2011 2:14 PM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Steve wrote in message
, on Mon, 09 May
2011
05:36:10 -0400, Wes, wrote:
Christopher wrote:

I know there's an understandable yearning for revenge among Americans
in general, and the families of the victims in particular, but revenge
can often be counterproductive. On this point, this hippie's words are
bang on:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/...f821eb28_z.jpg

That FM hippie needs to get a job.

I don't understand why you call dispatching OBL revenge. He was
responsible for the
murders of ~3000 people.

Justice is comprised of capture and trial. Think
back to Nuernberg, for instance. War criminals get
a trial.

When someone is simply murdered in retaliation for
crimes he's commited, that's revenge.

NOPE

Bin Laden was convicted in absentia.

Not only that; we are supposedly at war with him and al Qaeda. We know
he was at war with us. We have his declaration of war against us on
video. So it's a wartime situation and that is far different from
normal. Pretty much all bets are off when two sides are officially at
war, which we were, are. So Bin Laden had no kick coming from being shot
down on sight.

Even so, we had the drop on the guy and he didn't have a chance to do
anything. Instead of doing the humane thing and taking him prisoner we
just shot the guy to death. And that does seem a hell of a lot like just
plain revenge. We had a choice. I think we might have been a lot better
off with him in custody rather than dead. As the saying goes, dead men
tell no tales. Nothing more will ever be learned from Bin Laden. I'm not
sure that's such a good thing.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] May 13th 11 06:31 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

On 5/11/2011 4:46 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
m...
"Ed wrote in message

snip

[...]

Maybe, but the fact that you seem to be a decent person with some morals
disqualifies you from being a true republican. Like, how much are you
like Newt Gingrich? He's a republican. Are you really one of them? So
maybe you're more of a liberal than you think you are.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] May 13th 11 06:39 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

On 5/11/2011 7:26 PM, RogerN wrote:
"Ed wrote in message

wrote in message
m...
"Ed wrote in message

snip

[...]

The gun question is more of a city vs rural thing than anything else.
You go to the big cities and you will find lots of republicans that have
similar anti gun views. But go to the country and I don't care what
party you belong to you are pro second amendment. I think it's something
about being in the middle of nowhere that teaches you that there isn't
going to be any cop to call when you're in trouble. People in the cities
just think when there is trouble you just call the cops. In the country
we know you have to be ready to defend yourself. Because by the time a
cop shows up to protect you, you'd already be dead.

So I think it's more an urban vs rural thing with guns. But myself, I
have conservative views on a number of things besides guns. Staying out
of foreign wars, stopping illegal immigration, not spending more money
than we take in, etc. But I find most people are the same. Only a
minority of people are all liberal on everything or all conservative on
everything. By the way, those are they people that worry me because they
are way too extreme to reason with.

Hawke

Hawke[_3_] May 13th 11 06:39 AM

On 2011-05-11, wrote:
"Ed wrote in message

snip

Really? I didn't know that. Where's the transcript
of the trial?

"Justice" is mass, legalized revenge, filtered through sophistic
mumbo-jumbo and twisted moralisms to deny the simple, and obvious, fact
about what it is.

Bin Laden was killed in an act of self-defense against a non-state
combatant. As in any combat, at any time in history and anywhere in the
world, no trial is needed. Neither is suicide required.

Though I agree with your answer, it seems to be anti-liberal. Liberals deny
simple obvious facts and spin BS.

This is what they teach you in your church, but it is not true.

I would definitely recommend to give up on the church.

I say amen to that!

Hawke

Larry Jaques[_3_] May 13th 11 06:44 AM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

"Jesus Saves, Moses Invests, and God will forgive my throwing out my
wife and marriage because I go to church."

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that
we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how

Michael A. Terrell May 13th 11 12:01 PM

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Where did you find that, on the wall of a men's room at a bar?

Michael A. Terrell May 13th 11 12:02 PM

Josepi wrote:

Maybe he didn't understand English and didn't know how to respond and they
shot him for not responding.

Imagine a USanian not understanding somebody might speak another language
than they do.

Talk about trolling...

Ed Huntress May 13th 11 12:40 PM

Ignoramus30246 wrote:

On 2011-05-11, RogerN wrote:
[...]

Those are my primary arguments in favor of religion: It lightens the loads
on our jails, and keeps some people on the job, who would otherwise be
hanging on street corners drinking Night Train Express.

Hang in there, Roger.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress May 13th 11 12:44 PM

"Hawke" wrote in message
On 5/11/2011 4:46 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
wrote in message
m...
"Ed wrote in message

snip

[...]

Remember, I *am* a registered Republican. Just because the right-wing fruit
loops have temporarily co-opted the party doesn't mean that the old balance
won't be restored. I'm hoping it happens before I die, but time is running
out...

--
Ed Huntress

Stormin Mormon May 13th 11 02:19 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

I hear yah, soft or hollow points would be inhumane, right?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message

We are still at war with Al Queida so Bin Lauden was a
combatant. Hopefully we used FMJ instead of hollow points.
;)

Wes

Stormin Mormon May 13th 11 02:21 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

Saved by faith, exalted through ordinances and works.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon May 13th 11 02:22 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

He did not cheat with that woman; Miss Lewinsky.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Define "Cheating".

Stormin Mormon May 13th 11 02:23 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

siowejrnjkzsenf iosehjrjszenfjzsen fsehfsk sd

BANG!!!!!
(After the UN troops invade USA)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Josepi[_20_] May 13th 11 04:20 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

I have to agree with you n that one except it was simple and no
complications for any hidden American lies would be exposed.

We'll see if the revenge thing increases. Much of the world hate American
due to just what they did to OBL, lies and meddling in other cultures.
"The whole world has to be just like me"

-----------------------

Josepi[_20_] May 13th 11 04:22 PM

OT - When a terrorist dies, is it OK to gloat?

OK. Let talk about trolling since you seem to be really experienced with it.

I don't know how you slip out of my bozo bin so many times. Two insults are
my tolerance and then back they go.

For a start look at the anger in your signature line. It wreaks of hatred
for everybody.

Wanna' talk some more?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...